Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok player's, the time has come to decide which path to choose. PLP Super or TBKO Turbo. The power output is somewhat similar. Only 15 hp difference, but $2500 in price. I would like to get the one that is just plain better. The supercharger looks like it came from the factory (I like that), however, 2jz-ge (2jz-gTe), rather hard to just overlook. I have been told that if you replace the pulley on the super it will increase your hp. However, I do know most imports work better with turbo's especially toyota's. Please comment on what you fellow IS believers think.

01' Silver Metallic E-shift
HKS Exhuast
IS430 rims
Injen Intake (for now)
Altezza Smoked Headlights with HID
:chill:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Some searching will yeild 100 times as much information than anything anyone is going to tell you on this post, trust me on this.

Its all personal preference.

Turbo is faster, turbo is more fun, turbo is upgradible, far beyond the point of a supercharger.

Supercharger is cheaper, supercharger is stupid easy to install yourself, supercharger is more of a daily drivers choice.

And thats all I have to say about that.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
zakapitan did a post like this that has all of the info you need, same topic as well, search for that, should be listed in one of the stickies, with the FAQ as well, no need to type the same stuff here

-gte

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing