Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't understand how, after three and a half years, there are still no SMOG LEGAL supercharger or turbo systems for the IS300. :pissed:

How impressive is it to fork out $6,000+ for an illegal power improving system? Seriously...

Any wingnut tuner can slap on a turbo, jack up the psi, mess with the ECU and run the car but I dare say a man would be genius if he could do the exact same thing and make it legal to run on public streets.

Otherwise what's the use really??

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
junedog said:
I don't understand how, after three and a half years, there are still no SMOG LEGAL supercharger or turbo systems for the IS300. :pissed:

How impressive is it to fork out $6,000+ for an illegal power improving system? Seriously...

Any wingnut tuner can slap on a turbo, jack up the psi, mess with the ECU and run the car but I dare say a man would be genius if he could do the exact same thing and make it legal to run on public streets.

Im assumeing youre from california.

but making mods smog legal is sometimes more hassle than its worth, and california is only one state. There are states that dont require smog.

And rumor says XS's kit will be smog legal.

·
Registered
30,476 Posts
rumors also said TRD would have a supercharger in 2001, and SRT would be smog legal, and that Area51 would be too.

Update: TRD sucks, SRT sucks, and Area51 is dead.

Any questions? :lol:

·
Banned
4,334 Posts
s0yb0mb said:
rumors also said TRD would have a supercharger in 2001, and SRT would be smog legal, and that Area51 would be too.

TRD is supposedly supposed to pair up w/ lextasy for a smog legal turbo too... :lol:

Hey, I SEE MY QUOTE!!! :lol: 8) :-?

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
i can guarantee there is alot of lost business due to not having CA legal forced inducted kits. A grip of people with lotsa money in CA spending in bullshit and not what could count as something greater due to no CARB legal kits.

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exactly. The ONLY reason why I haven't bought an IS300 yet is because there are NO viable horsepower solutions out there. I don't buy that crap about California being one state. Anybody knows California owns and that the market here is HUGE. I think it's a very unwise decision to bypass this state. Lexus is losing out and the aftermarket is losing out... I mean when a $32000 sport sedan can get whacked by a $19,000 econo crapbox like the Neon, that's pretty damned embarrassing...

Lexus does not equal performance in my book. gimme a G35 coupe any day...

·
Registered
452 Posts
junedog said:
Exactly. The ONLY reason why I haven't bought an IS300 yet is because there are NO viable horsepower solutions out there. I don't buy that crap about California being one state. Anybody knows California owns and that the market here is HUGE. I think it's a very unwise decision to bypass this state. Lexus is losing out and the aftermarket is losing out... I mean when a $32000 sport sedan can get whacked by a $19,000 econo crapbox like the Neon, that's pretty damned embarrassing...

I agree.
But than Lexus is meant for luxury not performance.
You should of thought twice before buying an IS.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
s0yb0mb said:

You forget XS, lying bunch of bastards! I saw the write up in Turbo regarding the Turbo kit, called them up and said they weren't going to go ahead with production. THEN they're at SEMA with their kit and they're still saying its not for production.. FOCKERS. :pissed:

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
s0yb0mb said:

You forget XS, lying bunch of bastards! I saw the write up in Turbo regarding the Turbo kit, called them up and said they weren't going to go ahead with production. THEN they're at SEMA with their kit and they're still saying its not for production.. FOCKERS. :pissed:
Becuase XS doesnt want to face the facts about the possibility of things going wrong with the kit, and potential lawsuits resulting if issues come up..

they even said in the superstreet article that they are still working on engine management issues with the lexus ECU....what a shocker... :lol:

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
junedog said:
....I mean when a $32000 sport sedan can get whacked by a $19,000 econo crapbox like the Neon, that's pretty damned embarrassing...
So with what you just said, buy an econo crapbox or G35. 'Nuff Said.
But I'm telling you, bitches see a Neon SRT-4, to them its still a Neon, it will drive like a Neon.
Now that G35.. hey its your car, quit biachin' and move on.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
..they even said in the superstreet article that they are still working on engine management issues with the lexus ECU....what a shocker... :lol:
I read that too T, I just get pissed off that they even had the balls to go to print and not make it available when you got Toyomoto, TBKO and SRT having products out but not getting write ups.. Plus also the fact that XS is so much closer than the mentioned tuners.. me=sour grapes.

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
s0yb0mb said:

s0y, just because you hear things, you shouldn't make judgements. You have absolutely no real life SRT Turbo experience so you should be the last one to talk. I could go on and on about other turbo tuners that are lacking compared to SRT...but I won't. But go ahead and make judgements on things you have no idea about... :roll:

And to whoever said CA is "just one state". Sure it's one state, but it is a very important state with the IS300 because of it's popularity. So it would be smart to have a smog legal kit availible. But I don't see that happening if cops flip a shit just because somebody changes their exhaust there.

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
tsopranoMB said:
..they even said in the superstreet article that they are still working on engine management issues with the lexus ECU....what a shocker... :lol:
I read that too T, I just get pissed off that they even had the balls to go to print and not make it available when you got Toyomoto, TBKO and SRT having products out but not getting write ups.. Plus also the fact that XS is so much closer than the mentioned tuners.. me=sour grapes.
Toyomoto had a big write up November 2001 in Turbo Mag on a stage 5+++ is300...

http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0111tur_dreamteam/

·
Registered
18,519 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
tsopranoMB said:
Toyomoto had a big write up November 2001 in Turbo Mag on a stage 5+++ is300...
Back issue time.. I have the issues with GTE's ride, Mike from SP.
just look at the link, the entire article is right there... :wink:

Yeah, the IS300 turbo kits havent had big time articles....

Ltuned&boosted made it into Modified Magazine...that was a sweet write up...

http://www.mkiv4door.com/featured.html

and yeah Mike from SPI made it in march 2004 issue....

:chill:

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
junedog said:

stop b*tching and go get a g35 :pissed: :shame:

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
junedog said:

:roll:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.