Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
How much did this supercharger change your numbers from the stock ones?

Stock is 220hp and 220tq for you guys right?

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Andrew I posted in your FS thread. But damn man that is one sick setup. I would totally sell my setup and buy yours instead of upgrading mine, but thats a bit of a hassle. Good luck with the sale man, and get back to me about the lugs :)

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
How reliable has this kit been for you, what kind of extra maintenance is required?

I may be interested if you know someone who can install/tune this for me and maintain it in the future if something goes wrong.

Got any pics of the engine bay?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How reliable has this kit been for you, what kind of extra maintenance is required?

I may be interested if you know someone who can install/tune this for me and maintain it in the future if something goes wrong.

Got any pics of the engine bay?
i have pics of the engine bay but i dont know how to load them on here...if you send me your email i'll send them over to you no problem.

and i am located in toronto

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
You can either attach images to your post... or you can host them on something like Photobucket.com and then put the link in your post.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hey Crester pick up this boosty kit and you will for sure rip me up this year on ps2:p LOL

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I see all the smack talk you're laying down all over the forum... lol

You're trying to provoke me to settle this issue with you one last time, eh? :p

Supercharger is tempting... but I don't think it's for me right now. I can hardly use the ~220hp I have right now... I might as well throw my effort into handling (which I have been doing)... atleast I can use that.

I tried to simulate a race on the PS2 with some BMW... as soon as I pushed the "X" button I was already at 150 km/h. I stopped there... he kept going... I was pwn3d. :(

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Alright... back to the supercharger... where are the pics???

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
just to let you guys know.

I strongly suggest you don't pick this up unless you know the basics about boosting a car and the dangers of what could go wrong. There is a fair bit of head aches I myself ran into and if I didn't have some knowledge I would've went boom by now. Just saying make sure you do your research to know what to avoid, precautions etc..

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I was messin with crester if I was boostin an is300 can u say TURBO.I considered boosting for the entire duration I had my IS300,My plan was simple drop off car too SRT total bottom end rebuild, v160 swap,let them do all labor and tuning.higher cost better result!but it never happened:(

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I was messin with crester if I was boostin an is300 can u say TURBO.I considered boosting for the entire duration I had my IS300,My plan was simple drop off car too SRT total bottom end rebuild, v160 swap,let them do all labor and tuning.higher cost better result!but it never happened:(
that would've hurt the pocket book quite a bit. V160 swap alone is insane for pricing!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Wouldn't it be a better mix to swap in a Turbo Supra motor and trans, than mod the existing IS300 engine,...from a proven reliability stand point?
What are the drawbacks?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
If you wanted to save money on boost buy a honda.yes do the swap it would be more reliable.but a lot of other variables would determine reliabilty.your stock auto IS tranny is good for about 400whp with valvebody upgrade past that point good luck.my 2 cents

1 - 19 of 19 Posts