Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LMW/LMS wants $1500 for the labor of installing their supercharger and an exhaust system (including header) on my IS300. Does this seem like a fair price? I've never installed a supercharger before so I don't know how much to expend to spend on installation. Doesn't $1500 seem a little high though? That's almost $200/hr assuming it takes 8hrs..

·
Registered
650 Posts
hmm... the shop i went to charged 100/hr. included... s/c,header,ypipe,fuel pump, emu install/tune/dyno. paid 1900

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
The average install for a ss and even a turbo is about a 1k and up not including tuning. A good tune shop will usually be around 1300 and up because they know what they are doing and have fewer comebacks. You get what you pay for. Im sure if you have any problems LMS wil take care of you at no charge.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
That price sounds about right. Im getting mine done at Dyno Xtreme and they quoted me between 1500-1800 for install and tune.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Couldn't you guys do part of the installs yourself or at least the tear down to save some moooola??

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
in my case i can't..
i'm doing a road-trip through califnornia and i'm buying the supercharger and having it installed as i'm passing through!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Wow thats alot...

I dont quite remember paying that much but yea...

I guess things have changed alot.
I agree with Jowe. That place had changed dramatically and I definitely won't recommend anyone to have their cars modded there.

$1500 is definitely way too high assuming the fact they will not dyno tuned for you and the limited tuning capabilities of their FMU (i-manage)...

any average shop can install this at a much lower price and the outcome of the install would be identical since the LMS s/c kit doesn't allow/require much brain to "tune".

·
Registered
650 Posts
in my case i can't..
i'm doing a road-trip through califnornia and i'm buying the supercharger and having it installed as i'm passing through!
hope you planned for extra time. they might end up taking longer than expected. i was told 3 days and it ended up taking a week and 3 days. they couldnt get the stupid crank pully bolt off and they had to custom a few things.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^ what has changed and why shouldn't have the LMS/LMW kit installed by the people who created it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts