Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suprised I didnt find this on here yet. Got it over at overboost.com. Says it was done at Area 51 Fabrications.

------------------
KP
94 6 speed
BPU

[This message has been edited by SupraSport (edited October 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
that car looks sweet.....Suprasport is there anyway you can give me the # to get in touch with Area 51 Fabrication ?...i would really like to get more info Thanks In Advance...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
what is he doin??

Hey brandon.. havnt seen you on in a while.. i remember you ended up NOT buying the IS right???

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by dt1313:
that car looks sweet.....Suprasport is there anyway you can give me the # to get in touch with Area 51 Fabrication ?...i would really like to get more info Thanks In Advance...
Sorry DT there is no info on the shop. Must be a new shop thats just coming up, ive never heard of them.

Originally posted by chromaplast:
the kid was trying to steal the IS.
those rims looks cool though
How the heck a no armed kid going to steal a IS? lol

------------------
KP
94 6 speed
BPU

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've heard of Area 51.. I think I heard the name this weekend.. I want to say its in Anaheim, CA, but then again, I can't even remember when and where I heard it.. sweet set up though..

·
Registered
343 Posts
They look like 17s whatever they are.. after seeing dt1313's ride, I'm gonna have to cast my vote for 19" wheels..

That IS doesnt have a sunroof either.. and it looks like the passenger seat has already been swapped out for a Sparco seat.. so I'd imagine the driver seat is already swapped out also.. interesting..

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
It has a centrifugal blower which wouldn't be my first choice. A roots (or Lysholm screw) type supercharger would give you more low end boost...

Anyways - nice to see that the aftermarket is starting to deliver IS300s that can offer some real performance.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Here is some info on the S/C kit:

"Climax Racing Products" and "Area
51 Fabrications" are working on a supercharger kit for the IS300. They expect kits to ship in a
couple of months. Stage 1 will be around +75HP. Stage 2 will be +100. Stage 3 will be +125. All
three stages will include fuel/air management computer (with a harness that plugs-in-between the
stock harness and the stock ECU), tubing, intercooler, and necessary hardware - for $4500 to
$5000. If you want more information you can reach John at:

John Ferguson
(949) 472-6320
[email protected]

·
Registered
442 Posts
the different stages probably means you will be getting a bigger pulley which means more boost. good:more power bad:detonation

·
2,909 Posts
This all sounds great, but what about a the cars warranty. Am I gonna have to wait 4 years to put it on so I don't void the warr.? Or should I wait for TRD to create a supercharger of their own?

Also per stage upgrade how much less gas mileage will occur due to the incresae in performance?

I hope someone knows or has a "guesstimation" on these questions, all this would tie into me purchasing this. Considering I have never done more modding other than (headers, air intake,and exhaust). Any info. would be great!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
If you are worry about gas mileage, you may want to consider a turbo system instead. I don't have experience tuning supercharger cars, but I had played with my Eclipse alot before I sold it. I had it once up to 1 bar (14psi) for about 1 year or so using a EVC IV (don't attempt this with a T03 turbo as I eventually found out the hard way). The mileage I had at that time was probably 1 mpg less than before, barely noticable. This is because turbo's boost do not have to be on all the time, unlike a supercharger where your boost goes up as rpm goes.
I would estimate that you are going to go down to an average of 16 mpg or so if you go with the stage 3 supercharger, maybe even less.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I thought your mpg went up a little bit because you have more power to work with so the engine doesn't have to work as hard as before so it takesless to get the car moving?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts