Shock Absorbers: Bilstein

WHEELS AND TIRES

Wheels: BBS
Front - 18" x 8"
Rear - 19" x 8 1/2"
Tires: Bridgestone Potenzza SO-2 Pole Position
Front - 225/35ZR/18
Rear - 245/35ZR/19
Brakes: Front- Brembo Four Piston Caliper w/ 12.9" floating ventilated discs/Rear - Single Piston Caliper w/ 12" rotor

ADDITIONAL FEATURES

Safety: Full Roll Cage, Four-Point Racing Safety Harness, Competition Shock Absorbers and, Springs, Safety Fuel Cell, On-Board Fire System, Safety Strobe Lights

DIMENSIONS

Race Weight: 3270 Lbs.
Wheel Base: 105.1 Inches
Overall Length: 176.6 Inches
Overall Width: 67.7 Inches
Overall Height: 53 Inches
Ground Clearance: 4.7 Inches
Track Width: Front - 58.9 Inches/Rear - 58.5 Inches
Fuel Capacity: 22 Gallons

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
no, it really isn't.

go to the performance check and look at the topic "have you all seen this" . i posted links to this info about a week ago there.

Originally posted by Lej316:
5-Speed Supercharged.....BULLSH*T

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We can only hope, even if power is less say 250, this car will be much more impressive.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
hold eachothers hands, what is this "we are the world"? how about we cross our fingers or something.

anyways, 35hp for 3500 bucks is quite the rip off spend $1000 on a Intake/ecu and exhaust and that will put you at an estimated 240 @ the flywheel. the unorthodox pulley set, including the crank pulley should put you at 250 or 255. i'm not sure how much it is, but it should be less than 500 bucks. so for a total of less than $1500, you have the same horsepower output as the $3500 TRD supercharger. yeah, the TRD is warranty safe, but @ an extra 2 grand, is it worth it to you? not me. if the trd supercharger were rated to 300 or 320, that would be much more worth it, and much better bang for the buck

anyways, doesn't the TRD charger push 5 pounds of boost? and didn't area51 dyno 260 @ the wheels at 5 psi? if so, the TRD charger is severly underrated, as their shouldn't be a huge difference between the hp numbers on either car at such a low boost level, unless something was wrong with the lower hp car, which i don't think is the case. JMO and something to think about.

Originally posted by Chan:
Let's all hold hands and hope that we'll get more power!

·
Registered
571 Posts
it's good that it's TRD and warranty will not be affected, but on the downside, since they kept the factory warranty, don't expect TRD to make a supercharger that adds 80+ HP or it would just be too much of a warranty risk.

anyway, I think most people will pay up the 3k to get that piece of mind. (fixing a lexus due to performance upgrades will not exactly be cheap)

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I thought the 250 from was at the wheels? I thought that's how they would measure it. I've heard it will add 85 HP, considering a stock will produce 165-170 hp @ the wheels, another 85hp will put you right around the 250 mark.

At 4.5 to 5lbs of boost, I would think the TRD was measured at the wheels. At least I sure as hell hope so.

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
so is that 250 horse with the figures or 250 to the wheels????

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My WS6 Ram Air on the dyno put 305 hp to the rear wheels. GM really underates the LS1 engine (listed @ 320hp gross). I bet it really is in the 345 - 355 range. So if the supercharged IS puts out 265 hp ,it'll probably put out ~220 at the wheels as a guess, a pretty good improvement. Stock I think is 165 - 185hp at the wheels.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
The supercharged TRD Solara was rated at 243 hp and 228 lb. torque on a dynojet. This was using a modest 4 psi.

So the hp figures would likely be at the wheels.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Let me get this straight, the coming TRD SC for IS300 will use 5 lbs of boost, and producing approx. an extra 35hp and will cost around $2500 to $3500?

IMHO, too expensive, not worthed.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I don't have the exact figure for factoring the driveline loss due to the automatic tranny, but my calculations are as follows.

Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

243 at the wheels would be 294.03 hp at the crank figuring a 21% driveline loss.

OEM rating of 215 at the crank would be about 169 at the wheels.

So what you are actually gaining is about 70-80 hp at the wheels.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I agree w/Badman.

I'm trying to extrapolate most of my info from the other TRD products currently on other cars. I know that there will be significant performance differences from each car.

The Solara was able to do a 0-60 in 6.2 seconds and a quarter mile pass in 14.5 at 97.8 mph. Sport Compact Car tested and obtained these numbers, February 2001.

Now I know the Solara and the IS are completely different cars, but if you compare the base figures of an OEM Solara w/the TRD enhanced numbers, then the improvement in the numbers are significant.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
10 Participants
Risk3233
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing