Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Welcome CharChar. I'm surprised nobody answered your question by now, but eventually, the answer you'll get is STICKERS! I've also been told an S2000 antenna aids in cornering and adds 20HP to the wheels, but I don't believe it. There's no way it can add more than 10.

That's about as simple and cheap as you're gonna get on a Lexus, where, for example, the air filter is $60. Check out the other forums for more ideas.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Unfortunately, modifying a Lexus is not a cheap hobby... If you're on a budget, then you've got to pick and choose carefully where you spend your money. I'd agree with SilverLex about the air filter, but you won't get much of a HP boost with a $60 air filter. You'd have to get something like a CAI (Cool Air Intake) to produce some noticable gains, but again it will cost ya...

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Originally posted by Tomegun:
I don't want to be stupid but what will an s2000 antenna do? Is this something besides what I'm thinking it is?
Actually, I was talking about the air conditioning filter
as an example of how steep things can be for a simple part. I think the K&N Filter runs around $100 no?

Tomegun, the antenna thing was just a joke
It's purely cosmetic.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by charchar:
dont take me wrong..i gots the $$$ but i am juz not lookin to spend it all on a couple things...i dunno...i think that im gonna go wit a tint first. so wut % dou think i shood go wit on my black IS? thanx
The darkest you can w/ out getting pinched by the po-po

·
Registered
108 Posts
for your tint will you be worried about having your tint legal if so in my opinion you should go for darkest legal. If your not worried about legality i would put 5% all around. 5% meaning only 5% light can get into your car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The tint I have is a 65% (light tint) rear and I put the lightest one they had on the front, not sure what percent.
You didn't mention the interior color of your car, if it's the black, i would get a lighter tint, it will look tinted anyway.

·
Registered
40 Posts
sup, i got 01 black IS too. I tinted mine titanium limo back 3 windows, and 2 grades lower driver side and front passenger side, and lightest on the windshield. Yes the front ones are all illegal in cali, but i always roll with my windows down anyways (training for the SLK hehe
) i don't got scanner but it looks like the black IS at www.hyperrev.com without the kit

however, if i can retint the car, i'd tint it same color on all five windows and lightest on windshield still.. different colors just keeps me outta tickets (hopefully)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts