Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel that I'm not the only one who has the whistling noise comming from the sunroof. Its not that big of a deal when the shade is closed, but when its open, the noise is annoying. Has anyone had this fixed or info. on fixing it?

·
11,062 Posts
This issue has been talked about before. I smile every time. I got my blue beast with all the goodies, except the roof. I expected problems with that item...especially over the long haul.

------------------
'01 SBM, Black Leather - 17" Graphite Wheels - Loaded (minus moon roof)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SeattleSheila, I know it has been talked about, just wondered if anyone has had it fixed.

Have you got your SRT intake yet? If so, how do you like it? I still love mine. Just anxious to get the supercharger and wheels.

·
Registered
387 Posts
SeattleSheila,

how do you manage to get an IS without moon roof? Did you special order like TEG?

If I don't have to get the moonroof (if it's possible), then I will do so too.

thanks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yamaot, the sunroof is really nice. The wind noise is not that noticiable, and I'm glad I have it.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I am hoping to get a new antenna at the 5K service. Supposedly the new antennas (with the noticable spiral round wire on the outside) produce less noise. Do you know if yours has the original style antenna or the one they are now shipping on more recent IS300s?

·
Registered
135 Posts
My GS300 is even louder than the IS300. It is the exact same noise. GS has no antennae like the IS. TEG, Please let us know if the antennae replacement solves the problem.

·
Registered
591 Posts
We have never heard this sound several of you are speaking of.....

Now if we have the "Sun Roof...Sun Shield Pulled back with Sun Roof Close you can here a little wind......But no whistling....

So its a good idea to have the Sun Shield Closed when the Roof is Closed...

------------------
JUSTIN & DENISE C. OWNERS OF THE ONE-OF-A-KIND IS300

·
Registered
511 Posts
I Dunno what you guys are smoking out in Cali, but there is absolutely no noise in my car except the faint sound of the motor accelerating. My sunroof is tight and quiet? Is this a problem spreading? I got 5,000 miles on my car and no sunroof noise yet? could it be due to you're care being parked in the Cali sun outdoors and the rubber seal around the roof is getting hard and not sealing as well as it should?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I have had a slight moonroof wind noise since day 1. It isn't very loud, and only can be heard if the inner shade is opened. If the car weren't otherwise so quiet I might not have noticed the little bit of moonroof and tire noise that does get through.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Is this a common thing with Lexus?
Cause I have a friend with an ES300 and I don't hear any wind noise coming out of his moonroof.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just noticed my sunroof making noises, and I am at 9.5K I am getting it serviced on tues and having them luborcate the seal, I will post a response if this helps.......

------------------
Proud owner of a SOLAR IS 300, 2001
loaded
Miami,FL

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ben,
I have the new style antena, and I don't hear any wistling noise. If you want to, we can switch our antenas for a couple of days, to see if that is your problem or not.
Let me know.
G.

P.S. When did you decide to paint your calipers???

·
11,062 Posts
YAMAOT and HUNT NSX: I want the SRT intake, but I just did my taxes...ouch. Have to pay the f****** IRS first. (God, I NEVER use that word!)
About the loaded car with no moon roof. I just got lucky. I had been to the dealership to look (and complained that I wanted all the goodies but not the moon roof). I went back the following week to test drive. The dealer had just taken delivery of 6 "mistakes" that week...loaded with no moon roof. That wasn't the way they were ordered. The salesman remembered that I was looking for one sans moon roof and had TWO left. (The boss had told the guys to get rid of them fast.) I jumped on it.

------------------
'01 SBM, Black Leather - LSD - 17" Graphite Wheels - Loaded (minus moon roof)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
SeattleSheila
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing