Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for some new summer tires, for the past couple years I've been using Toyo Proxes4. They were decent tires, but looking for a change - I have been looking at a few Falkens, mainly the FK452.

Any input on tires would be great, thanks on advance.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Just installed a set of BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW NT tire on my car. I've heard complaints about them being noisy but so far, ~1000 miles, they don't seem too bad that way. Steering response was rated excellent on the TireRack ratings table based on owner feed back and I would have to agree with that.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Just started using my new bridgestone 760 sports. They're so quiet, comfy and grippy!
No regrets in buying em!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just started using my new bridgestone 760 sports. They're so quiet, comfy and grippy!
No regrets in buying em!
I was looking at those, they seem to have some really good reviews. Have you had a chance to drive them in this rain we've been having - how do they handle in the rain?

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
I was looking at those, they seem to have some really good reviews. Have you had a chance to drive them in this rain we've been having - how do they handle in the rain?
I havnt tried them in the rain yet as I garage store my lex when ever the weather is bad. I'll try em out on the weekend for you.

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
I love my General Exclaim UHP's 225/40ZR18

Only $600.00 for 18's

Great in the rain, not so good in cold weather as you would expect.

Digger08

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ I'm actually thinking about these General Exclaim UHP, I also would be needing 225/40/18 and TireRack has them for $100 a peice. ($650 US Shipped) With the Canadian Dollar being so strong I might lean towards these.

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
Have their been any new tires that have come out that are really good? It seems like tires that are recommended today are the same ones that would have been recommended in previous years. You'd think that with new technology coming out all the time... you'd hear about new great tires as well.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
They do have "New" tires, Bridgestone has those Ecopia tires that reduce resistance and improve fuel economy - not sure if they're out.

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
I think Ecopia's are meant for Prius.....

I bought a set for my Prius

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think Ecopia's are meant for Prius.....

I bought a set for my Prius
They come on Mercedes Benz S-Class.....Hybrid.
So maybe they're meant for Hybrids then ..?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I'm planning on buying the Kumho Ecsta SPTs

Originally planning on getting them from 1010tires.com but i checked out Tire Rack in the states and i could get it $130 cheaper from TireRack then 1010tires.

And since the CDN dolllar is pretty good, i think i'm gonna get them from Tirerack

·
Registered
153 Posts
And since the CDN dolllar is pretty good, i think i'm gonna get them from Tirerack
Haha I don't mean to stray off-topic, but all this talk of the CDN currency and I haven't seen a canadian coin in ages. I'd often get them in transactions and vendors here in the states wouldn't accept them. The irony :p.

·
Registered
14,584 Posts
I've had both the 452's and the UHP. After using both for more than 1 season, I have to say I like the 452's a bit better. Both had good dry traction. Both were pretty good in the rain when they were new, but got slippery after one season. Both weren't as durable as I would like. I find the 452's were a bit more comfortable than the UHP. I am not sure why, but the UHP rolled kinda bumpy in comparision to the 452's. I had to get road force balance for the UHP's, and even then there weren't perfect. By the way, it could be the way I drive that cause the higher than usual tread wear. I only get 400-450 km to a tank in the summer, and 360 KM in the winter, and I have been known to brake into a corner and accelerate out of many right and left turns.

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Mine were $600.00 installed plus tax in Toronto. No shipping, no exchange, just walked in and bought them.

Digger08

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.