Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To Teg: I was wondering if you know if the IS300 has that feature of the windows and moonroof opening automatically to let the heat out if you hold down the unlock button on your key like on the GS models. If anyone else knows, that'd be great if you could relay the info. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I don't know - sorry.

I was looking into aftermarket sunroofs
(if I got stuck having to buy a car
with no factory sunroof), and I found that
can you can get that feature on some
3rd party sunroofs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The moonroof has a one touch button to open and the drivers side door has a one touch window rolldown, but none of the passengers have it or can control it. I know you can get a after market kit that has the one touch up and down for the doors. It installs on top of your existing alarm, it goes for around $100 without installation for 2 doors only, so you would need two sets of modules to have all the doors one touch.

·
Registered
171 Posts
All the Lexus models have it so I'm betting the IS300 will have it too. Besides, one of its listed feature is power windows w/ pinch protection. Can't see why they would have pinch protection and not the other.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Actually the moonroof feature that
I heard about on certain 3rd party
moonroofs is one where it senses
that the car is overheating
and automatically opens the moonroof
as needed.

·
Registered
226 Posts
#rd party moonroofs are extremely expensive! They will cost you probably 3 times as much as to get just the package with the sunroof included!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The one I found that has the "auto open when
hot" feature was a tilt/slide moonroof
and was $1150... Not much more than if
ordered from the factory...

*but* I trust that Lexus would do a much
better job on the installation if done
at the factory...

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Yep - that was the price installed.

I didn't actually see it in person
so I can't tell you about the quality.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
off the subject
TEG, what color do you think looks best with the graphite wheels.... Just Yellow?
Eric....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
TEG
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing