Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SBM I am trying to un-pimp... Currently it has gold emblems on, which have to go.

Pics at http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=264739
(NOTE: The wood kit and pinstripe have been removed.)

I'm receiving at 02+ grille and emblem (chrome), along with some rear emblems in chrome (Thanks to jvillagran2000).

I want to know what you guys think... I was planning on having the emblems color-matched in SBM, but I'm having second thoughts.

Would you think it would look better if:
1 - I left them chrome
2 - Painted them Black
3 - Color-matched them

I'm not about to drop $200 on Black Pearl.

Bottom line: What would look BEST on an SBM in your opinion.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
you can never go wrong with black per emblum

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
asukadc said:
you can never go wrong with black per emblum
I've heard mixed feelings about Black Pearl on Blue. I haven't seen any first-hand, and only saw some small pics of an IBP with Black Pearl... Couldn't really make out enough to make a descision.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone have opinions on color-matched emblems...?

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I wouldn't colour match them...

Especially since you said you wanna un-pimpify the car; just go with
either the chrome emblems or with black ones. If it was me, I'd only
stick on the L on the rear and leave the rest badgeless...

j

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I recently paint matched mine. Looks really clean.

what kinda taillights do you have? This was a big issue with me. I had black painted emblems before when my car was modded, and I had black chrome tails. It flowed nicely. Recently, I sold my tails in my effort to turn the car back to stock, but left the black emblems. Something looked out of place. It was the emblems, now that nothing else on the car is dark anymore, they didn't match. I purchased a new set of emblems from the dealer, and decided to paint them. They came out awesome. They would have looked great in chrome too, but I always have to be different. Maybe I have influenced you in some way, maybe not. Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
i would go chrome because u have a 01 which came with the chrome taillights. 02 n up have the black chrome taillights then I would go with black pearl emblems to match it.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Get your heads, tails, and fogs done in flat black. Then do your emblems to match. That would be sex!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I would leave them chrome, and just leave the L.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
You can't go wrong with the chrome ones. Take it from a fellow SBM owner. The gold defintiely have to go (my car came with gold on it also). I would not paint them body color. The black pearl look nice but are expensive. You might want to try to darken the chrome ones using some pray tint like this fellow shows on the matrix emblem http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VHT-...Z6755QQitemZ4581607898QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I think that may look nice and not cost you too much $. Good luck on de-pimping your car.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Black Chrome (IBP, but close enough)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts