Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 02 onyx black 5 speed navi is 300 with about 100k.. i was considering trading this guy for a 96 sc300 usdm 2jzgte with r154 tranny.. he claims the chassis has78k..

this is what he posted:

Engine/performance: USDM 2jz-gte (swap done by snap performance) Mishimoto Intercooler with 3"piping HKS blow off valve 3" down pipe 3" custom exhaust R154 transmission swap used everything new( other than the tranny itself with the fact that it was in good condition) Spec 3 clutch 1jz stock flywheel Engine Swap (done by snap performance in DALLAS TX): 78,000 US spec longblock US spec 550cc injectors MAF sensor US spec factory Twin Turbos US spec factory Cams Stock turbos setup in TTC mode Brand new Toyota valve seals, no smoke on startup Brand new Toyota Front main seal, rear main seal, cam Brand new Mobil One 10w30 with Toyota oil filter Brand new Toyota Timing belt Brand new NGK 3330 spark plugs and breather hoses, pc valve Brand new Valve cover gaskets Brand new Toyota Thermostat Brand new Toyota upper and lower radiator hoses Brand new EGR block off plates Brand new Snap Performance Fuel Dampner bypass Brand new Walbro 255 Twin Turbo Fuel pump Brand new Battery Additional notes: Eibach pros with KYB shocks 350z rims powder coated black Nitto Nt05 s 245 F and 265 R (only have 1200 miles on them) Everything works on the inside of the car as it should, A/C, heat, pw/pl, radio, tilt, power seats. All a/c controls light up with no problems, a few of the instrument cluster bulbs have burnt out which is common on the Lexus SC300 and SC400. It's an easy fix and doesn't effect the visibility of the instrument cluster gauges. Problems: The AC works i have tested it, but there is an air leak in the discharge hose, and i have bought the part, but have not replaced it.The shifter is extended 3" inches

i would like to know if this is a good trade and what to expect regarding maintenance issues with turbo vehicles..
i would appreciate some input form experienced forum members....

thanks

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
find someone in your area that knows a little something about single turbo on the gte, and the r154 setup and the tuning system the car has. pay the member reasonably to look at the car and give their opinion. any technician will tell you they think the problems with cars on the phone, but there is no gaurentee untill its seen in person. $.02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.