Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need suggestions on 18 inch rims for my Absolutely Red IS. I was thinking of going with Black or Gunmetal Gloss, something like Axis Hiro or Axis Reverb. Or Volk's Time Attack look... But this is with a budget in mind... max $2000. So unless I can find a used Volks for that price it will be a stretch....

Axis Reverb
Axis Hiro w/ Polished Lip
Volk Racing Time Attack

Has any tried gold rims on an AR?

I found these Work XSA-01T... these are nice but I don't know whether it will look good on a red car.

Work XSA

Any feed back would be appreciated!

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
not a big fan of those axis wheels on the IS. sorry, i prefer fat 5 spokes, like ssr professors or work meister...

those particular works you linked to won't fit on our car.

if you can find a set, l-sportline model IV one piece should come in pretty cheap and look good on the car...

really though wheels are a very subjective thing..

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Time Attack for sure.. if you have the buck for it because I don't think you can find a good condition set of Time Attacks under $2000. well, it's not impossible but good luck.

·
Banned
1,414 Posts
those particular works you linked to won't fit on our car.
They'll fit, but with a stretched tire and fender rolling... I'm not too keen on them though, or any of the others for that matter.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mcoupes52 (sister's car)

me like :cloud9: the red lugs is a must!
I saw the whole picture gallery in the other thread. Shoot! That's a sick look. I actually really like your sister's Work Emotions CR Kai on them. But I like the large 5 spoke look of Work XSA. I think I'm gonna get those... thanks for the suggestions guys!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I have bronze wheels on my AR.

I'm looking to change though.

I tried the gunmetal w/polished lip in the past. Looked alright, but just too common now. I like the bronze/gold look a lot.

old:

current:

·
Registered
730 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts