Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about having it repaired, any suggestions on who to go to? My insurance company wants to use Safelite.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
IMO Safelite is great, they're exactly who I was gonna recommend when I saw this thread. They do excellent work with both repairs and replacements. You should push for a replacement, some states (like Florida) have laws that require insurance companies to replace cracked/starred windshields for free with no deductable. That's the reason you hear all these glass places offering you money and free steaks and crap for letting them do the repair. =)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately If I had to replace my windshield I would have to pay the $500 deductible. So I'm hoping this repair thing will work out pretty good. What exactly should I expect the windshield to look like after it's repaired?

·
Registered
231 Posts
the previous post was correct....some stats do have laws requiring replacement of cracked windsheilds by insurance companies. but where the crack is located is also a factor. you have a lot more bargaining power with the company if the crack is in your line of sight from the driver's seat. some repairs result in fsome distortion when looked through because of the glass being heated or deformed.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Originally posted by Jashugan:
Unfortunately If I had to replace my windshield I would have to pay the $500 deductible. So I'm hoping this repair thing will work out pretty good. What exactly should I expect the windshield to look like after it's repaired?

As merlin said there can be some distortion, but that's also dependent on how large the crack is and (like he also stated) where the crack is located (i.e. driver's point of view, corner, bottom center, your pants, etc.).

·
Registered
699 Posts
Originally posted by Jashugan:
i had my windshiled replaced by smart auto glass. (farmers insurance recommendation.) and paid the $100 comprehensive deductible.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well my brand spankin new IS300 was hit with a rock on the windshield this morning. I called 'Dee's Windshield repair' in Westminster CA and practically cried. She had repaired a number of cars for me before and she told me that if it didn't crack the windshield she would repair for FREE!

Low and behold it was free. So anyone with windshield issues in Southern California take to Dee!

She and her technicians loved my IS300!

Dee's Windshield

·
11,061 Posts
Dee's a smart one...now she has free advertising and knows that you'll be back every time.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Originally posted by SeattleSheila:
Dee's a smart one...now she has free advertising and knows that you'll be back every time.
BWAHAHAHAH! Always peerin through the smoke...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the crack is between the driver's side and the passenger's side, and it's about 3-4 inches from the bottom of the window. It's also only the size of a dime. So it's pretty much out of my line of the site. In fact the only thing it blocks is a dime sized view of the hood. Safelite comes tomorrow to fix the windshield. I do kind of want to get it replaced but my deductible is $500 and that's money I want to spend on a new bed , so maybe I'll get it done in the summer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts