Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks for suggestions from y’all for which hid’s and low beam bulbs I should go with. I want to go White color for both hid and low beams

·
Registered
121 Posts
Looks for suggestions from y’all for which hid’s and low beam bulbs I should go with. I want to go White color for both hid and low beams
The low beams are hids. You will need a bulb in 5000K Temperature.

For High Beams/DRLs you can get the SYLVANIA 9005 Silverstar Ultras

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The low beams are hids. You will need a bulb in 5000K Temperature.

For High Beams/DRLs you can get the SYLVANIA 9005 Silverstar Ultras
forsure. thank you (y)

·
Mr. Roo
9,301 Posts
I would recommend using real, quality bulbs, not the cheapest ones you can find. Also, stock is 4300k, but they can get bluer over time. 4300k is brightest. I would buy the D2R bulbs from a place like theretrofitsource, diodedynamics, xenondepot, lightwerkz.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I would recommend using real, quality bulbs, not the cheapest ones you can find. Also, stock is 4300k, but they can get bluer over time. 4300k is brightest. I would buy the D2R bulbs from a place like theretrofitsource, diodedynamics, xenondepot, lightwerkz.

The German market got 6000k Phillip's bulbs for the factory hids.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Led's do not do half power generally. That is how the DRL work in the high beams.
The Morimoto 2Stroke LEDs support 4v-9v Daytime Running Voltage (Our lexus rates at 6v for DRLs). At the same time they can produce high beam voltage between 6v-18v. They also look great 🙂

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
The Morimoto 2Stroke LEDs support 4v-9v Daytime Running Voltage (Our lexus rates at 6v for DRLs). At the same time they can produce high beam voltage between 6v-18v. They also look great 🙂
Those are 5700k and yes they will turn on at the lower voltage. But it will be only at 5700k. Not dimmer. Like DRL are. So the high beams will basically be on all the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts