Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking the IS300 in for it's 1000mile check, and have the opportunity to ask for custom programming of the C-Best computer functions. Anyone have any suggestions on what are convenient programming features to ask for? For example, you can program the delay times for the auto lights off.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm almost there too. There were a couple other threads on this thing but they fizzled. I'm interested in what's possible with reprogramming (and when some one is going to give me an interface to my laptop so I can activly reprogram features like you can do with the Vette). Devildog, did you ever find anything out?

Examples:

- retained power to radio, windows, etc. after you turn the car off and pull the key.
- being able to roll the windows up when you get our of the car by sticking the key in the door and twisting to the left.
- reprograming the number of button pushes on the key fob to open/lock doors.
- turning of the alarm beep

Are these possible, and what else is there?

·
Registered
387 Posts
-auto lock the door when pass 5 mph (as in Camry)

-lights off immediatly when door opens (I hate to see lights on and wander all the time when it's going to go off, up to you)

-prolong the time of retaining power for windows and Moonroof (factory is 30 sec. Don't know whether it can be done or not)

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I talked with a technician (Wesley, nice guy) at the dealer today while my car is in for 1k service and here's what he said he could do:

Turn (down, essentially) off the acknowledge beeps
Open all four doors on the first click
Unlock doors when car is put in park
Lights go out when the door opens (by setting the headlight off delay to 0)

There isn't any setting for auto locking the doors (once in drive or after X mph) and I didn't ask about any of the retained power...

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts