Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A guy today challenged me for a STRAIGHT line PICKUP race on a 1 mile straight road. He has a Mustang V6 convertible and he has Nitrous Oxide on it and i think thats is it he doesn't haev any other MODS. I have a STOCK IS300 do you guys think i can beat him ? I know i can beat him on a Highway or some where his NITROUS will run out but what about Straight Road? PLS he wants to bet money and I LOVE TO GET it so i can do some mods on my IS so pls suggest all the BIG GUYS.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
check the owner's forum...i replied there...well, i'll reply here too...i wouldn't race him unless you get some NOS too...

one of my other friends uses the same line to lure guys into his trap too...i only got NOS...he makes a lot of $$$ racing...be careful...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Take a friend with you and ask to see his N2O setup before you race, act all interested and tell him how cool it is, jokingly tell him you want to see under the hood to make sure it not a debadged GT or some sleeper. You or your buddy need to distract him for just a moment and either clip one of the solenoid wires or close the bottle. You should be able to beat him with the N2O disabled. Good luck...HEHE

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
you sneaky bastard
, what if he clips the fuel solenoid and not the nitrous one, he is gonna kill that guys motor, i don't think that the guy deserves that just for wanting to race.

Originally posted by Doug:
Take a friend with you and ask to see his N2O setup before you race, act all interested and tell him how cool it is, jokingly tell him you want to see under the hood to make sure it not a debadged GT or some sleeper. You or your buddy need to distract him for just a moment and either clip one of the solenoid wires or close the bottle. You should be able to beat him with the N2O disabled. Good luck...HEHE

------------------
"the gene pool could
use some chlorine!"
http://www.shitonhonda.com"-Funny Site!

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
i wouldn't do it for money, it also depends on how big of a shot he is running. if it's for a mile stretch it's worth a shot because if he runs on NOS for taht long he's going to do some pretty bad engine damage. v6 mustangs aren't that fast so again it'd depend on what size shot he has and waht the car's top speed is etc....

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Also depends if we're talking about the current Mustang (190 hp) or the original SN95 Mustang (150 hp).

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Don't mess with the dude's car... it ain't worth it, man. He just wants to race. I doubt you'd take him with the NOS especially if he runs a lot. So... don't race. There. That's my opinion. Why does the gashead have to use his stupid laughing gas anyway?

Scott.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not to sound like an a-hole...but this has to be one of the stupidist and most immature posts I have read!! C'mon!! Is it really worth chancing a big speeding ticket and possibly wrecking your car to show up some loser in a Mustang? Why not go to a local drag strip, pay $20 to register and race there! Be smart about the whole thing and in the process maybe you will learn something about racing. I have had and seen to many friends play silly games on the street only to be sorry later. The latest: a friend of mine who owns an Audi S4 and an Integra Type R. The Type R was his track car, but he HAD to show off on the street and what happened? Flipped it.

You have a $35K Sport Sedan...it totally outclasses, outdrives and out handles the Mustang...you should not even give it the time of day let alone the "ohh lets race for money" routine.

think.

Chris

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Originally posted by ciccone376:
Not to sound like an a-hole...but this has to be one of the stupidist and most immature posts I have read!! C'mon!! Is it really worth chancing a big speeding ticket and possibly wrecking your car to show up some loser in a Mustang? Why not go to a local drag strip, pay $20 to register and race there! Be smart about the whole thing and in the process maybe you will learn something about racing. I have had and seen to many friends play silly games on the street only to be sorry later. The latest: a friend of mine who owns an Audi S4 and an Integra Type R. The Type R was his track car, but he HAD to show off on the street and what happened? Flipped it.

You have a $35K Sport Sedan...it totally outclasses, outdrives and out handles the Mustang...you should not even give it the time of day let alone the "ohh lets race for money" routine.

think.

Chris
Well i totally agree with you Cacoon but the thing is i CANN't JUST SIT AND DO NOTHING IF SOME ONE CHALLENGES ME.

and 2nd i am not the biggest A hole in the world this race was gogin to be on a Parking Lot of an old theater and there is no one there after 5 O' Clock so i dont think i would have gotten a ticket.

and last but no least it is NEVER about the money man if i can spend 70K on the cars i dont care abotu money. and this is not braging i am just making a point.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I still think you should take it to a real drag strip. If the challenge is THAT big od a deal, make sure there is no if,ands or buts about who wins...let the computer tell you. Plus, like I said, you will learn something by going to the strip.

have a good new year.
Chris

P.S. it is Ciccone (not Cacoon :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I still think you should take it to a real drag strip. If the challenge is THAT big od a deal, make sure there is no if,ands or buts about who wins...let the computer tell you. Plus, like I said, you will learn something by going to the strip.

have a good new year.
Chris

well i know it is Ciccone i just wanted to get you back
)
and well i don't think we have any DRAG STRIPS here in VA. If you know can you help me with that?

Thanx

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
are you kiddin me, street racing is very fun, and although it isn't the safest thing, if you are smart about it, the only people that will be put in danger is you and the other driver. we race at the end or route 70 @ 695 and at 2am, there is no one there except for the flagger, the 2 cars and the people that watch, who can stand behind a 2 foot thick cement jersey wall for protection. screw the track, that strip is open every night, doesn't cost anything and is more spontaneous, plus a rechallenge can happen immediately, not after all the other lanes run, and you happen to get to line up with eachother again.
maybe i just need to grow up and grow out of this, but i love street racing.

have a good new year.
Chris

------------------
"the gene pool could
use some chlorine!"

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
are you kiddin me, street racing is very fun, and although it isn't the safest thing, if you are smart about it, the only people that will be put in danger is you and the other driver. we race at the end or route 70 @ 695 and at 2am, there is no one there except for the flagger, the 2 cars and the people that watch, who can stand behind a 2 foot thick cement jersey wall for protection. screw the track, that strip is open every night, doesn't cost anything and is more spontaneous, plus a rechallenge can happen immediately, not after all the other lanes run, and you happen to get to line up with eachother again.
maybe i just need to grow up and grow out of this, but i love street racing.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
i'm giong back to the length of the stretch you're talking about. a mile is a pretty long distance especially for a street? maybe it's just me but here in cali there ARE no streets that long without stoplights etc. if you decide to take the race be careful and be prepared to be sitting there at 145mph or whatever the top speed is for the last stretch if the IS is as fast as i think it is

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
ah, it is kinda improv for times, but everyone meets up at the burger king off of northern parkway and walbash avenue on saturday night. it isn't so good during the winter, as it is too cold to sit outside and bullsh't. if you are still interested in meeting me up there closer to spring/summer, let me know and i will meet you there. it's pretty cool.

what will you be bringing?

Originally posted by MrKoool:
hay GTE i want to be there for the Street Race too can you email me or something to tell me the time ?

[email protected]

------------------
"the gene pool could
use some chlorine!"

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
he has NOS...on a V8...he'll pull away from you like mad...you won't see him in about 5-10 seconds...if you get NOS...hell yea race him.

------------------
Spectra Blue IS300

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Originally posted by MrKoool:

and last but no least it is NEVER about the money man if i can spend 70K on the cars i dont care abotu money. and this is not braging i am just making a point.

If you had 70K to spend on a car, why did you buy an IS and an Accord? If I had that kind of money I would have rather bought something else.
But thats just me.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
14 Participants
Lexus_Rex
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing