Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm so excited!
I just can't hide it!
My speakers all work with a Pioneer and I like it!

...and yes, that includes the stock subwoofer.
...AND the whole system plays better than with the stock Headunit.

Anyway. I know a few of you have already done it, but I felt like sharing what for me is a huge triumph! Last owner bypassed the stock amp when he installed a new headunit and I only had sound in the front. After trying the stock head-unit for a few days and hearing all 9 speakers work, I knew I had to make them work with the aftermarket headunit.

If people are interested, I'll be happy to make up a small wiring diagram specifically for aftermarket-HU-->TYTO-01--> SportCross.

EDIT, simplified the wiring diagram due to the TYTO-01 receiving power through the plug to the car's harness:
Here's the wiring-diagram:

·
Registered
838 Posts
nice job. is that the metra kit? I forget if you trim the climate control tabs or the double din kit, but right now you can see the gap in the middle between them.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I replaced no speakers. All the work was done from the center console (after reconnecting the amp the previous owner had bypassed).

Curran: That is some-dash-kit-I-don't-know-the-name-of. Previous owner installed it.
I see there's a gap there, but it doesn't stem from the kit being bad. Rather from it being waaahahaaaaaaay to crowded with stuff behind my headunit. The TYTO-01 takes up some space, but damn; so does the wiring! Before I installed all the TYTO-01, it was all flush.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Nice.........

·
Registered
121 Posts
Luckkkyyy! and Good work man.

·
Yay! Old stuff!
532 Posts
Too funny, I think that's the exact same HU I installed into my Sedan and my mom's Sportcross...

As you can see I also took the time to install a USB extension cord, then have it ported further back near the armrest in the centre console.

I'm confused about this though...do you have to do something special to keep the subwoofer working with an aftermarket HU? I used the TYTO kit as you have, and just assumed all the speakers would work accordingly. There were no extra wires in the harness of the Sportcross compared to the Sedan.

Migs

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice I asked about this a couple of times. Glad to see that it can be done. I need to get me a Head Unit soon. If you can get a DYI done that would be awesome. Especially for me.

·
Yay! Old stuff!
532 Posts
I'm so confused.

Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate how happy you are to get the new H/U in and all your speakers working (I was thrilled myself), but aside from that...has anything else special happened?

- Does the sub need some kind of special wiring to work, or will it work just fine as long as I installed the TYTO-01?

Migs

·
Registered
14,829 Posts

·
Mr. Roo
9,286 Posts
What makes the BeatSonic $150 better? Currently it's $250 vs $100 for the Metra.
Everything makes it better.

The BeatSonic SOUNDS amazing, just like the stock stereo from the factory. The metra sounds like crap.

The Metra quality went off a cliff, IDK what happened, but they sold a whole bunch of bad ones.

The Metra has wire harnesses on both ends, making it a PIA to fit back there. The BeatSonic has only one harness, making it super easy to hide away.

The Metra does NOT have a lamp wire, the BeatSonic is 100% plug and play.

Don't be like me and waste money on the Metra, only to spend all the money for the BeatSonic anyway lol. I got mine for a little over $200.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts