Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just installed a Hifonics Zeus ZX6400 with a pair of Focal 165V2 Polyglass Component and a pair of Focal Polyglass 690CV 6"x9" with the factory HU, the guy at the Shop recommend me to add a Sub maybe a 10" with a sealed enclosure. I want the setup to be a SQ one!!! I was looking at the IMAGE DYNAMICS IDQ10. This is a good choice? wich I need to buy the 2 ohm or the 4 ohm? The shop guy also told me that I can use my existing Amp to run the hole system. Do I need to add another Amp or the ZX6400 can handle it? I don't want a Boom Boom sound just a SQ kick to complement the Focals!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
how did you manage to swap out the 6*9's using the stock head units? I thought this couldn't be done, arent there 2 pairs of cables for the rear 6*9's, 1-low 1-high? If so, how did you get it to work?

THANKS!

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
mr_alex2 said:
how did you manage to swap out the 6*9's using the stock head units? I thought this couldn't be done, arent there 2 pairs of cables for the rear 6*9's, 1-low 1-high? If so, how did you get it to work?

THANKS!
hes using an aftermarket 4 channel amp. Read his thread.

·
Registered
158 Posts
regardless if he is using an aftermarket amp, how is this wired? The stock setup has a crossover built into the amp, which seperates the highs and lows thus sending lows to the 6*9 and the highs to the 3" (located inside the 6*9). So if he is using an aftermarket amp, what signal is he using the highs or the lows, wouldn't this sound bad. becuase the 6*9 will either be producing only highs or only lows? I performed many searches here and this is what I am reading.

True?

THANKS anyone who can shed some light!

Peace!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
irv_usc said:
i like the image dynamics subs, have you checked out other ones, like the infinity kappa series?
I have research in this forum and others and the other brands that I am looking at are: JL, Focal, Diamond Audio,Eclipse and Kicker. I just wanto to add a good SQ Sub to complement the Focals not the Boom Boom ratle Sub!!

mr_alex2: The Shop used LLC's at the factory amp to connect the Hifonics! search in the forum because it been discuss many times!! Also you can use the amp pre-outs modhttp://www.is300.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13340011 I will do this mod soon the get better sound!!

So if anyone can recommend if a need to add a new Amp or I can just use two channels of my ZX6400 to run the Sub Thanks!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
turnip8snatch said:
Boston Acoustic on the hi-end.
I concur w/Boston Acoustics.

But make sure to use the Pro series. This is strictly an SQ sub. I'm using a single 10" (which is recommended to be used in an extreemly small enclosure -0.5cu Ft- so you'll have plenty of trunk space left). That with Focal's Kevlar's up front, a couple of Phoenix Gold Ti amps, and a Xtant P500 EQ (a 5 band "true" parametric EQ).

The sub won't give you that anoying drowning and exaggerated bass like alot of other subs do. It goes down to only about 30Hz, but is extreemly musical.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.