Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished wiring my D3 yesterday without using my stock amp.

I was thinkin about this but not sure if it would work.

On the 2001 IS300 wire diagrams it says the car has 2 rear woofers. I was thinking about wiring RCA inputs to the woofer wires and running that to my Sub output RCAs on my D3.

Will it work? and is it even worth my time?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I don't think it would change anything. They're not really rear woofers, they're just rear speakers, you wouldn't get better bass or anything if you did what you mentioned

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
You can add RCA's to the stock amp, you need to know how to solder in SMALL Ass places to small ass pins. If you don't you can heat up the board and fry the amp. I have seen a few of these now..

Ive modded over 20 stock amps now.

D

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I finished wiring my D3 yesterday without using my stock amp.

I was thinkin about this but not sure if it would work.

On the 2001 IS300 wire diagrams it says the car has 2 rear woofers. I was thinking about wiring RCA inputs to the woofer wires and running that to my Sub output RCAs on my D3.

Will it work? and is it even worth my time?
This should work, but I'm sure pre-wired woofer wires don't have as good insulation as off the shelf RCA cables, which might make them more prone to noise. They are twisted together though, so that might help with the noise. Give it a shot, you don't have much to lose except maybe 4 RCA connectors :)

Personally though, I'd just run my own RCA cables, it's not that hard and you're guaranteed more protection against noise.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This will only work if the rear woofers have a seperate amp. If your talking about the two ohm speakers in the rear deck, it won't work.

The RCA outs are preamplified signal on the headunit. This means they only carry a low-level audio signal to the amplifier via the RCA. The amplifier takes this audio signal and amplifies it into a high-level signal, which is what speakers play.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
There are no woofers in the car.

The rear speakers are just 2 speakers stacked up on each other. Don't waste your time.

BUT if you replaced the headunit without using the metra harness. REPLACE THEM.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I didnt use the metra harness. Just wired em to my rear speakers.

Any suggestions on What speakers to get for the rear?

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$100-$300. Im not afraid to spend money for quality stuff.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bleh nevermind. Did my research and I kno what I wanna get.

Thx for the tips tho.

Reactions: VP500

·
Registered
7 Posts
about the soldering of the rca to stock amp

You can add RCA's to the stock amp, you need to know how to solder in SMALL Ass places to small ass pins. If you don't you can heat up the board and fry the amp. I have seen a few of these now..

Ive modded over 20 stock amps now.

D
hey you wouldnt by anychance be able to email me pictures of how this is done?
cause i cant fin them anywhere and also where do i solder the negative on the stock amp??
thanx

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
hey you wouldnt by anychance be able to email me pictures of how this is done?
cause i cant fin them anywhere and also where do i solder the negative on the stock amp??
thanx
theres a sticky at the top of the page dude....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts