Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short i hopped a curb going about 45 degrees into it at maybe about 20 mph passenger tire first.... i put all new lower control arms on it. I got everythin to bolt up pretty nicely except the drivers side i had to basicly force the camber adjustment bolt into place, So it sits ever so slightly at an angle not bad but maybe I should hammer back the front tab of the subframe... I got aftermarket arms front ward and rearward, I dont think i can blame them, they bolted up fine on the other side... My next quetion is the front subframe is it adjustable at all (shimmable) ????

Sorry I know this is sloppy...

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Long story short i hopped a curb going about 45 degrees into it at maybe about 20 mph passenger tire first.... i put all new lower control arms on it. I got everythin to bolt up pretty nicely except the drivers side i had to basicly force the camber adjustment bolt into place, So it sits ever so slightly at an angle not bad but maybe I should hammer back the front tab of the subframe... I got aftermarket arms front ward and rearward, I dont think i can blame them, they bolted up fine on the other side... My next quetion is the front subframe is it adjustable at all (shimmable) ????

Sorry I know this is sloppy...
Sounds like you may have bent the rear sub-frame. I ould replace it with a junkyard replacement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts