Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i am trying to keep my baby clean CLEAN. i gotta 12" sub and mono amp for it. i want to put a sub box inside the spare tire area. I wanted to make a sub box to fit in there using a sono tube (whatever diameter fits best like 18 or 20" diameter and have a cap on either end of 3/4 mdf. (i have access to a nice cnc machine to cut perfectly)

sono tube is what is used to pour concrete post forms into. its a very dense cardboard coating with a waxy substance. about 3/8" thick

bottom line.....anyone know how this would work as a box cuz i can get about 1.25 cubic feet of space in a round area very nicely (and it only needs to be about 8 or 9 inches deep! i can then cut a nice hole in the carpet and tidy everything up. maybe a nice logo on the grill.

what say you...and dont flame me ...i made a sub box before but not out of this stuff. and i am not an expert speaker box maker so......

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
About this Discussion
0 Replies
1 Participant
hellaFreez
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing