Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my shopped told me my idmax12 D4 is blown. I pushed down the cone a little and there's a scratch sound so they're right. The shop told me it's hooked up correctly to my ppi amp. Parallel at 2ohm w/1000 watts. The amp is brand new.

The shop put in a rockford fosgate sub for free in the mean time. It seems to give out more output than idmax12 before it's blown. Other than the sub itself, could there be something else wrong?

·
Useless
4,731 Posts
miky702 said:
my shopped told me my idmax12 D4 is blown. I pushed down the cone a little and there's a scratch sound so they're right. The shop told me it's hooked up correctly to my ppi amp. Parallel at 2ohm w/1000 watts. The amp is brand new.

The shop put in a rockford fosgate sub for free in the mean time. It seems to give out more output than idmax12 before it's blown. Other than the sub itself, could there be something else wrong?
Pushing down on the cone is a big no-no!!!!!!
When new a bright neon paper is included that says DO NOT PUSH ON CONE!! The reason is that Image uses extremely tight specs compared to most companies and you can actually damge the voice coils br uneven pressure and them rubbing against the magnet.
If the sub is blown, have it warrantied. The ID Max is an awesome sub that when installed in the correct enclosure with around 1000 watts RMS, it can do amazing things. Other subs can appear to be louder, but musically they are not in the same ball park. What size enclosure, what amp?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.