Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Don't feel stupid dude. To be honest I don't think anyone on the forum knows *for sure* what IS stands for. BTW, nice first name.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Originally posted by scott watkins:
i checked the faq. what does "is" stand for?

tia,
scott
Earlier, somebody (TEG??) said it stands
for "international sedan." Makes reasonably
good sense, I think.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Maybe it stands for It Speeds.... or Inline Six... or ummmm... I'm Scott. *shrug* I have no idea...

Scott.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is stands for "frequently asked questions." Get it? You take the first letter "f" and it comes off of "frequently." The 2nd letter of "faq" is "a". "A" stands for "asked." etc,etc,etc. Do you has any more questions? Is sure is hard but my daddy always tode me common sense wuz better than no sense atall. And that's all I got to say 'bout dat!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
that makes the most sense, as LS is luxury sport, SC was sport coupe, not to sure about GS?

Originally posted by [email protected]:
the dealer told me its " International Sport"

------------------
"the gene pool could
use some chlorine!"
http://www.shitonhonda.com"-Funny Site!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nobody here knows what "IS" stands for?

LOL, at the Acura forum, everybody knows that "IS" stands for "I'm Slow"

------------------
99 M3
01 CL Type-S

·
Registered
88 Posts
Originally posted by Tom:
Nobody here knows what "IS" stands for?

LOL, at the Acura forum, everybody knows that "IS" stands for "I'm Slow"
Gee Tom... Were you born an asshole or did you have to work at it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by bty:
Gee Tom... Were you born an asshole or did you have to work at it.
No, I've worked very hard at it.

How about you? Were you born an asshole?

------------------
99 M3
01 CL Type-S

·
Registered
88 Posts
No, I've worked very hard at it.

How about you? Were you born an asshole?

Sorry, that honor goes to 99 M3 and 01 CL Type-S owners who have nothing constructive to say about other cars except their own. Nothing wrong with the cars, just the owners.

Why don't you go back to your Acura forum where you can bad mouth all other cars except your own.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by bty:

Why don't you go back to your Acura forum where you can bad mouth all other cars except your own.
Quit being a cry-baby. I'm here because I like the IS300 and might consider one in the future (when they put a true manual tranny in it)

Just because I said that IS stand for I'm Slow, I'm bad mouthing other cars? Grow up, loser.

------------------
99 M3
01 CL Type-S

·
Registered
88 Posts
Quit being a cry-baby. I'm here because I like the IS300 and might consider one in the future (when they put a true manual tranny in it)

Just because I said that IS stand for I'm Slow, I'm bad mouthing other cars? Grow up, loser.

Golly gee Tom...I would define a loser as someone like you who berates others because of their insecurity.

Anyway, I'm outta here. It's still early in the eve here and I got better things to do on a Saturday night..No offense, but the last thing I want to do is waste my time sitting in front of my PC bantering with you.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Back to the subject at hand. I think IS stands for "Incredibly Saaaaweeeeeeet"

BTW, when they come out with the coupe version, would they call it IC300? That would be cool. IC Beauty.

------------------
Anxiously waitin' for my manual '02 GGP...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
14 Participants
LexoBoi
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing