Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM TIRED! tired of switching out cig lighter chargersto power my gps or zunehomeav

i need a solution to somehow power everything without the cig lighter charger...
last resort is this
$ Cigarette Lighter Charger $ 3 Ways Car Cigarette Lighter Charger Adapter Socket with USB port
but thats just to tackkkyyyyy ..:pissed:

i want to hook everything to the car directly..just dont wanna mess up the fuse box or better yet THE CARR and have my face looking like this>:mad::(

not to mention
PLANNING ON COP RADAR soon
:jawDrop:

·
Registered
54 Posts
just go down to your local audio shop or best buy or whatever you have around you and get a female 12v plug. they should have ones that just have a positive and negative wire coming off the back. then just wire it up behind the dash and you can run all your wires out of site. just make sure you tape up your charger and the outlet to prevent any metal contact behind the dash and ensure everything stays plugged in.

·
Registered
622 Posts
dont you have two chargers though..
^^^what he said

I have another one in my armrest slot...I never seen inside a 05 IS however.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^^: yea i dont i guess in the 05 is different cuz under the armrest theres a clip in/out thing thats just made for another cupholder lol LAMEE

just go down to your local audio shop or best buy or whatever you have around you and get a female 12v plug. they should have ones that just have a positive and negative wire coming off the back. then just wire it up behind the dash and you can run all your wires out of site. just make sure you tape up your charger and the outlet to prevent any metal contact behind the dash and ensure everything stays plugged in.

What he said^

If you don't want to do it your self. Have a audio shop or best Buy install bay install a 2nd female cigarette lighter.

Best Buy
$9.99 for the Cigarette lighter adapter.
Usually charge $20-40 to install
THANKSS :DD ima head to bestbuy this weekend :approve:

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
^^^^: yea i dont i guess in the 05 is different cuz under the armrest theres a clip in/out thing thats just made for another cupholder lol LAMEE

Reactions: IanH

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
wow My 2004 has the second 12V plug, never noticed it !!!
Dont see the second cup holder though ????

·
Registered
622 Posts
wow My 2004 has the second 12V plug, never noticed it !!!
Dont see the second cup holder though ????
the second cup holder? The one on the back of the arm rest that is for the back seat?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
the second cup holder? The one on the back of the arm rest that is for the back seat?
No found them OK !!!

I read the above to say there was a cup holder under the armrest, I didnt think this was the rear cup holder... Maybe thats what was meant.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
No found them OK !!!

I read the above to say there was a cup holder under the armrest, I didnt think this was the rear cup holder... Maybe thats what was meant.
If you do NOT have OEM navigation, you have 2 cup holders next to each other by the e-brake. You have 2 cup holders next to each other behind the armrest. The last cup holder is directly underneath the armrest. You push on the clip on the driver's side of the storage area, the clip pops out, and BAM, you have another cup holder.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I The last cup holder is directly underneath the armrest. You push on the clip on the driver's side of the storage area, the clip pops out, and BAM, you have another cup holder.
Thanks !!
Well mine must broken and or gone.

The two by the e-brake are missing the insert as well.

Oh well the joy of buying a used car !!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.