Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my owners manuel and i need to change my oil but i forgot how much oil I need to correctly change it in my 02 IS300?

Thanks All.

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
i put 5 and a little more than half. i do not know if the thickness of the oil changes the amount to put, like if is thick uses less amount than the thin oil.

·
Banned
3,243 Posts

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
About 6.1 for me every time and it is right one the level, just get ALL of the oil out.
yea just use all the 6q out.

·
Banned
3,243 Posts

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
thats exactly what I put.
Usually it eats all 6 if you get all the oil out, just make sure you drain it with the oil nice and hot and the oil cap off, but I also run the LS430 oil filter which has a bigger capacity, I forgot to mention that.

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
i use Royal Purple with the Toyota filter and it takes a little bit less than 6q.

but I guess the amount varies depending on ur filter and oil.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Over 7 for me, but I have an oil cooler, and too lazy to hack a new line on the dip stick to give me the right level.

Before the oil cooler I would not fill it "full", but a little short of full, to avoid having the crank "whipping" the oil up as it bounces from side to side in turns.

With the oil cooler, I do the same, and then add a quart ontop of whatever quantitiy put the oil a bit below the line (sometimes even midpoint).

Since I'm too cheap to do a dry sup setup, when I get my tig welder I'd like to DIY/ghetto weld up some kind of baffle system in the oil pan better than OE to ensure that the oil isn't getting pushed to far to the sides in corners, seeing that I try to keep my level a bit low to avoid any oil getting hit by the crank.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Usually it eats all 6 if you get all the oil out, just make sure you drain it with the oil nice and hot and the oil cap off, but I also run the LS430 oil filter which has a bigger capacity, I forgot to mention that.
Is there any difference in using the LS430 filter versus the normal size one for our car?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts