Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have had your cd units replaced? How long did it take for them to get it done?

Mine finally good a shiyat. I tried putting a cd into slot 3 and it gave me the usual error message. So I popped it out and tried it again. Same thing happened again, so I grab another cd and it just kept doing it. I tried both burned and regular cds with no success. I tried unloading all my cds from the deck and #1 gets stuck. It won't read or spit the damn thing out. I guess my car doesn't like the 8 Mile soundtrack. Not that it was any good either. Now instead of having a 6 cd changer, I only have a 1 cd head unit. It will play in slot 2 but always spit slot three back out. Called the dealership and schedule an appointment for monday to see what they can do with it. Hopefully they'll replace it since I'm still within my warranty. If not then I guess it's time to look at a new head unit and changer.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
Not sure if this works for you guys, but I got the error message a few times. If I immediately power cycle the unit, and go to another disk, it always seems to correct itself (crossing fingers)

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
i just got mine replaced by Longo Lexus a week ago.....took them forever to get the unit for me though........

·
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HoustonLex said:
Not sure if this works for you guys, but I got the error message a few times. If I immediately power cycle the unit, and go to another disk, it always seems to correct itself (crossing fingers)
I tired turning it off for a while and getting it out...no luck. Went from disc to radio to tape to am...none of those worked. I can hear it trying to move the cd around to pop it out but just never makes it. It's as if it's jammed or not sitting right for it to pick it up.

·
Registered
425 Posts
My CD Player crapped out like a week ago too. #'s 1, 3, 5, and 6 crapped out and then like 5 days later none of them worked.

One question: I am going to call Lexus to get it replaced, but I have a CF dashkit. Will it affect anything? Thanks.

·
11,062 Posts
Mine went on July 5th after 22 months of use. It was replaced on July 6th...so far...so good...

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I think its the nature of its design, In dash 6 instead of 6 Stacker like the GS's, it can be a pain loading it, but thats kinda the only way that looks good and the driver can change the cd ourselves, if it is in the in the glove box it is kinda hard sometimes............

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Mine just crapped out about 3 weeks ago. They told me it will take 3 weeks to get a new one. Should almost be here by now. :D Listening to nothing but the radio sucks ass :pissed:

·
11,062 Posts
R808IS300 said:
Mine just crapped out about 3 weeks ago. They told me it will take 3 weeks to get a new one. Should almost be here by now. :D Listening to nothing but the radio sucks ass :pissed:
Yeah, that would be bad. I got lucky...someone had ordered one and not picked it up for weeks...so I got theirs. I was only without the player for one day.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
5 of mine are stuck inside. THey have to take it out, send it somewhere and mail em back. SH*t, gayness. Only 5 works... :lol: But my new one just got in, i didnt really care cuss im puttin a screen in in like a week or so. :chill:

·
Registered
240 Posts
frylai said:
I think its the nature of its design, In dash 6 instead of 6 Stacker like the GS's, it can be a pain loading it, but thats kinda the only way that looks good and the driver can change the cd ourselves, if it is in the in the glove box it is kinda hard sometimes............
Lexus should've stuck with Pioneer for the IS. They've been using Pioneer as the base audio system in all their cars since Lexus was first introduced. I don't know why they'd make a change to FujitsuTen for the IS. The Lexus/Pioneer in-dash 6 cd units are nowhere near as problematic.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Just had mine replaced supposedly. The reason I say that is because the "6" button used to stick a little on the old one, and it still does on the "new" one.

The definitely did something though, because the scratched my lint tray and destroyed my carbon fiber center console.

All this after I specifically told them that I have heard a lot of horror stories about the dealers scratching dashes when swapping cd players.

Arrrggghh!!

Anyhow, new parts are on the way and they say they'll make it right.

I have no reason to think they won't, it's just frustrating that they used such a POS CD player in that car and you can't easily swap it out for an aftermarket without some custom dash work.

So far the "new" one hasn't given me the Error 1 message in a week though.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I fixed mine myself. . . . same exact stuff happen to me i couldnt take out the cd or put in a new one . . but i had 1 slot open... and i kept fidgeting then i finally held down the load button and shoved a cd in there it took the cd read it and played amazing try it worked for me :D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
mine is Fuggin Awesome~

Works like it should~

cd changer speed is so slow :(

but all of em are like that.... so it's all good~

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just got my 3rd one installed last week. It gets really frustrating waiting and having to listen to the radio for 3 weeks.. The noise it makes when you turn on/off the car it just makes me 10 times more depressed. I'm thinking of just changing the damn thing to a 1 disc to avoid future problems.

Kel-E

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
18 Participants
sandman
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing