Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so Im driving the IS to go get some breakfast an hour ago, and I have my music up pretty loud. Im sitting at a red light and I have the sunroof open and the two front windows down. A cop pulls next to me in the right lane and is waiting to turn. He looks over, notices me, and lets his window down to tell me to turn my music down. Being a major cop hater, I get pissed and just turn it off altogether. He says to me, "no need for the attitude. I could always just give you a ticket instead" I'll skip what I said back to him. My question is this; if Im on a major street, away from homes, churches, and businesses, am I breaking the law by having my music a little loud?

------------------
2001 IS300
2000 Eclipse GT

·
Registered
174 Posts
That's pretty S*hitty , a least you didn't get a ticket....

------------------
Proud owner of a SOLAR IS 300, 2001
loaded
Miami,FL

·
Registered
207 Posts
noise violation,anywhere that it can be heard is distubing to someone,something like that cops always tell me to turn down mine at the movie theater

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Notice how people that are "protecting and serving" us are high school drop out, low-lives. Got pulled over last week and the cop wouldn't believe me that the car was mine because my registration had a different address on it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
PMD911, don't make assumptions. I was a cop, college grad., just wanted to do something exciting. As for the music too loud, he was just being a prick!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yep.... noise violation regardless of where you are.

Scott.

------------------
...yet another proud owner of a fully loaded Graphite Gray Pearl '01 IS300

·
Registered
349 Posts
You weren't in the Edgecliff Village or some ****hole like that, were you? I always try to be careful around cops in small towns. They're all on the power trip and think they're the freaking judge, the jury and the executioner.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually I was just leaving Ft. Worth, where the cops SUCK! Im staying at home from now on; Irving cops wouldnt pay attention to you if you were on fire right in front of them

Originally posted by Gennady:
You weren't in the Edgecliff Village or some ****hole like that, were you? I always try to be careful around cops in small towns. They're all on the power trip and think they're the freaking judge, the jury and the executioner.

------------------
2001 IS300
2000 Eclipse GT

·
Registered
631 Posts
BoYiE - That will just piss him off. He'll rationalize *something* to have you hauled in, inconvenienced at the very least, then released some hours later with a 'Sorry. Be careful.' Not worth messing with their power trip.

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Hunt NXS,
You would be making assumptions too if u had a gun pulled at your head for no reason.
BTW can u answer my question that's under the post "Bring the SRT intake to professional..." Thanks.

Originally posted by Hunt NXS:
PMD911, don't make assumptions. I was a cop, college grad., just wanted to do something exciting. As for the music too loud, he was just being a prick!

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Hunt - did you leave that line of work? I worked as an Investigator for the Santa Clara County DA and later as a DEA SA. What made you leave?

Now I am a sales weasel in the bay area making phat bank.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Agent Smith, I got tired of the bull****! It was fun for a while. Did the Marine Corps as well. Just no money in either or. Now I'm a commercial Real Estate Broker. 6 figures now. Helps pay for my toys.

·
Registered
333 Posts
III SERIES, Fort Worth cops are usually the best and easiest to deal with! You don't want to mess with Arlington, or Benbrook, They will really mess you up.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NOT! I have had nothing but problems with Fort WorthLESS cops; I hate them all. Im glad I dont live there anymore, and they are reason enough to keep me from going over there. Arlington is just as bad though, IF thats possible.

III SERIES, Fort Worth cops are usually the best and easiest to deal with! You don't want to mess with Arlington, or Benbrook, They will really mess you up.

------------------
2001 IS300
2000 Eclipse GT

·
Registered
333 Posts
III Series, I have never had a problem with Ft. Worth cops. FW cops have the reputation for being lax. 13 tears ago, I recieved over 40 tickets. Needless to say my record is immaculate due to the loopholes in FW. 101mph in a 45, DISMISSED. All of them! Nothing on my record. They were pretty cool then. "Knock on wood". I think it just depends, if he's a rookie or a "FC" (female cop) it could mean trouble. Email me and lets grab a bite when your in town. [email protected] Gennady & I put on the SRT last week, pretty hot.

·
Registered
219 Posts
it doesn't matter where your at here in St. Louis if you have it up to loud it is considered disturbing the peace....

------------------
TC
Spectra/Blue
17" Lexus Chome
01 Nissan Pathfinder

1 - 18 of 18 Posts