Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my car wouldnt start and apparently I had a bad cell...Well I replaced it and now the car seems to run better, I have been reading all this reflash ecu stuff...what would changing the battery do...
thanks.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
your ECU just reset, i.e. it will re-learn your driving habits and adjust the airflow into the engine to optimize power for your new driving pattern.

If you want your car to give more mileage, drive it gentle for the next 500 or so miles, and it will lean out a little, giving marginally better mileage. If you want a more responsive ratio, drive it like a bat outta hell, and it will adjust to give you higher flow for the same amount of throttle pedal depression.

And oh yeah.. your radio and the clock just reset :lol:

where in SC are you? Columbia?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
um, no...i just went to autozone and got some battery with a gold top for 69$ and it is not even the same size as the one that came out...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they told me they only had two batteries, the one I got and a cheaper one...
I think mine has 640 cold crank amps and the other only had 600

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I don't think charging the battery in itself would do anything to your ECU. But the fact that it was removed for a long time for charging probably means the ECU was reset. So the car will be relearning your driving behaviour again.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh I forgot to mention...there was a huge crack in the top of the battery at the corner by the positive post. I looked like someone had dropped it. It seems like something like that would have been replaced when the car went through certification before I bought it as certified pre owned...

·
Registered
94 Posts
you paid for a new battery??? just so you know there is a LIFETIME WARRANTY on your battery! ive already had mine changed. most of the batterys come with a lexus lifetime warrany sticker on it. i know a lot of dealerships hate that shit so they take the sticker right off.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
life time warranty huh!

good to know. +rep to you for that info ;) enjoy a new green box :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts