Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everybody. So I used to have a 2001 auto however many years back but ended up trading it for some other car. I never imagined I would end up with another one. As fate would have it I just happened to see a pic of a nice IS300 and for whatever reason decided to look at what was out there for sale. Wouldn't you know it just right down the road I stumbled on a bone stock 2004 100k mile 5spd with a mile long Carfax of every oil change and scheduled maintenance done by Lexus. Bad thing is I'm Deployed so I cant even drive it until July. I had to have a buddy go down there and look at it and once he gave me the thumbs up I had the wife go buy it. Everything happened in a flash but I'm very excited I was able to snag it because the dude said someone was headed to drop a deposit. The listing was brand new to boot! There are some rock chips on the front bumper as expected to i'll probably get a nice lip and paint that and the bumper at the same time.

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome and congratulation for the 5 speed, Take good care of her

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, you're properly lucky if she's willing to buy and install the parts herself, not just make you do it all :lol:
LOL, I end up doing all the installs but the fact that she has been on board with my car habit over the last 15 years makes her a keeper. I have owned near 100 cars/trucks and really enjoy learning about new platforms. Since cars are my only hobby in life (minus her of course) I appreciate her letting me do it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome back soldier! It's going to be a sweet reunion in July. I've had my IS300 since 2001 and never stopped loving it. Got other cool cars after it but can't ever let her go. The chassis just feels alive and is a joy to drive.

A manual that's stock is really hard to find...don't let her go this time!

Stay safe, Godspeed!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome back soldier! It's going to be a sweet reunion in July. I've had my IS300 since 2001 and never stopped loving it. Got other cool cars after it but can't ever let her go. The chassis just feels alive and is a joy to drive.

A manual that's stock is really hard to find...don't let her go this time!

Stay safe, Godspeed!
Thanks, I don't plan to get rid of it. I need to good reliable car to road trip from VA to TN a couple times a year. The reliability of the 2J is hard to deny. Plus I don't think I would be able to find a similar condition car down the road. This one is a 2 owner car with the 2nd owner having it for 12 years. Currently I drive a 2003 Escalade on that trip and get about 12 MPG so even the 25 or a little better on the IS will be quite nice on the fuel bill. The caddy calls for premium as well.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Dang, that is CLEAN! love the interior of the IS300, especially the instrument panel, feels like I'm in a cockpit. The whole car is just designed so well...except for where that oil filter is!

btw, I never got past 20 mpg. After installing cams/gears, I'm getting around 17-18...just terrible but I still love driving her hard!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dang, that is CLEAN! love the interior of the IS300, especially the instrument panel, feels like I'm in a cockpit. The whole car is just designed so well...except for where that oil filter is!

btw, I never got past 20 mpg. After installing cams/gears, I'm getting around 17-18...just terrible but I still love driving her hard!
Funny you say that because I've been in many a fighter cockpit. Minus the MPG gauge that I find annoying and pointless I really enjoy how different it is than the normal clusters out there. To bad that MGP gauge wasn't an oil pressure gauge. I figure on a road trip cruising at 70 I should be able to see mid 20's but honestly it doesn't matter to me. As long as I enjoy what I'm driving I don't pay attention to fuel mileage.

·
Registered
220 Posts
haha yeah, that MPG gauge is pointless...there is a TRD/Altezza gauge with an oil temp gauge on it, more useful. Yeah, I'm more concern with the smiles per miles instead of MPG but makes no sense when engines with more power get better fuel efficiency. Guess we can't have it all!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts