Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team,

I just found out that STS Turbo is coming out with a Rear Mounted Turbo Kit. They are the one who invented this technology and do a ton of Mustang, Corvette's, etc. I'm making a switch over to this on my car this week I think.

Squires Turbo Systems - Turbocharged Innovation!

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,617 Posts
Universal TWIN TurboSystem

STARTING AT $2,995.00

WOW!!! that sounds like a deal!!!

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,617 Posts
some people have tried but almost all of them did not make any good power. the car is too hard to tune and no one cracked the ECU yet...

:(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anyone do a turbo system on the IS-F yet?
Yes, STS has a twin turbo kit now for sale, call them up. I had the first Turbocharged IS F in the world and have 12,800 miles on the turbo kit with zero issues. Runs strong and put down 574hp @6psi on the Mustang dyno. I have no engine management on the car or reflash and it runs perfect. You don't need it if you keep the boost below 6psi. Now, if you want more then 6 psi the car will lean out. But, my air/fuel numbers are 11.2 in full boost which is perfect. That's the facts. If you want a ride anytime, bring it! Car is in Cleveland now for the Auto Show.

here it is on the dyno:

·
Registered
5,044 Posts

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,617 Posts
Yes, STS has a twin turbo kit now for sale, call them up. I had the first Turbocharged IS F in the world and have 12,800 miles on the turbo kit with zero issues. Runs strong and put down 574hp @6psi on the Mustang dyno. I have no engine management on the car or reflash and it runs perfect. You don't need it if you keep the boost below 6psi. Now, if you want more then 6 psi the car will lean out. But, my air/fuel numbers are 11.2 in full boost which is perfect. That's the facts. If you want a ride anytime, bring it! Car is in Cleveland now for the Auto Show.

here it is on the dyno:
YouTube - Artisan Performance Twin Turbo IS-F Dyno
i love the stuff that you guys do over there!!!

by the way...no disrespect but when i say GOOD power, i mean like how the supra guys were making. for an inline 6 making 600+ just APU and what not...

BPU some of us were making close to 500 at the wheels as well...

i think you guys are doing an awesome job...imagine once the ECU is cracked...i bet you guys will make some INSANE #s once you can safely turn the boost up!!!

keep up the good work and i really hope we can get our cars in the REALLY high HP #s soon...

:approve:

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
i love the stuff that you guys do over there!!!

by the way...no disrespect but when i say GOOD power, i mean like how the supra guys were making. for an inline 6 making 600+ just APU and what not...

BPU some of us were making close to 500 at the wheels as well...

i think you guys are doing an awesome job...imagine once the ECU is cracked...i bet you guys will make some INSANE #s once you can safely turn the boost up!!!

keep up the good work and i really hope we can get our cars in the REALLY high HP #s soon...

:approve:
You will never see anywhere near those kinds of numbers for those little mods on any ISx50/IS-F.

The GTE motor was designed for boost... the ISx50 and IS-F motors most explicitly were not.

The ECU isn't the obsticale to running double-digit psi. The extremely high compression ratio is.

The twin-turbo SEMA IS-F had the motor entirely redone, new custom pistons, rods, and so on, it wasn't just a turbo kit bolted on.

You certainly COULD get insane hp numbers if you're ok with spending insane amounts of money...otherwise, not so much.

(don't hold your breath on "cracking" the ECU... nobody's done that for Supras either after nearly 2 decades (1993-2010)... folks who've gone beyond what you can trick the factory ECU into doing by lying to it have gone to standalones, which are problematic for a slew of other reasons on these cars if you want all the factory systems to work properly...again not "impossible" but difficult to the point of insane investment of time/money)

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
You guys realize it's over a year later and, just like the retail "supercharger kit" Fox Marketing talked about before last SEMA, this product also still doesn't exist?

(well, the "universal" one does, and has for a long time now, but there's no specific IS-F application available)

·
Registered
108 Posts
The reason these companies come out with a product get it installed show some videos then they fall of the face of the earth is because there is NO ECU TUNE for the F. If you can't tune the computer to help regulate everything, than it is pointless. You can never achieve the optimum levels needed to run at a regular interval. Until this happens....IF this happens, then there will be a flux of performance parts. Until then, you can slap a bottle on there, but the rear wheel grip is a huge issue.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I remember seeing the orange tt is-f a couple years ago at college park tuning(huge car meet for the md/va area) and they were really pushing and advertising for these new turbo set ups. I forgot about it completely and im surprised they still havent gotten these kits out to the market yet.

Twin Turbo IS F by Fox Marketing Cars | FoxMarketingLexus.com

·
Registered
77 Posts
I remember seeing the orange tt is-f a couple years ago at college park tuning(huge car meet for the md/va area) and they were really pushing and advertising for these new turbo set ups. I forgot about it completely and im surprised they still havent gotten these kits out to the market yet.

Twin Turbo IS F by Fox Marketing Cars | FoxMarketingLexus.com

·
Premium Member
5,336 Posts
It never fails, Knightshade is in every single ISx50/F boost thread talking about how it can't be done.

It's old dude, just be quiet. We all know your opinion, you don't need to point it out if every EFFIN thread.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
It never fails, Knightshade is in every single ISx50/F boost thread talking about how it can't be done.

It's old dude, just be quiet. We all know your opinion, you don't need to point it out if every EFFIN thread.

It's even older when you come behind and lie about what I said.

I never said it can't be done.

I said that most of the claims others are making about doing it are BS (and so far I've been correct 100% of the time, year after year, on that point).

I also said that what it is possible to do is either spend a fairly significant amount of money for a fairly small gain (which is what folks like LMS did to offer 40-50 hp for $6000)... which is kind of stupid when you can just buy a faster IS...
(ie why spend $6000 trying to add 40-50 hp to a 350 when for about 10k you can just get an F that has a fully warrantied 108 more and a better transmission?)

or that it's be possible to spend insane amounts to make more (ie basically R&Ding custom forged internals, lowering motor compression, etc... then hoping the cylinder walls hold up to it)... which several have discussed doing, and nobody has really done especially well so far (like the IS-F twin turbo project that at least 2 other shops had to try and fix after the first one put a kit on it)

A third option would be spending insane amounts of money (or time if you have the skill) to do a motor swap and drop in a 2JZ-GTE or something else that handles boost well to begin with... which far as I know a only a couple folks have done (in a way that doesn't gut the vehicle to a shell)... the guy in FL for example who swapped a 2JZ-GTE into a 250... which took hundreds of hours of labor from a guy who does engine swaps for a living in Toyota/Lexus vehicles... and produced a very nice result with almost no lights left on the dash...(though it helped he started with a base model that didn't have to worry about making VDIM happy, or dealing with the ECUs for some of the fancier options).

All three of those ideas for making a 2IS faster can be done.

They just offer terrible bang for the buck.

But by all means if you want to prove the things I have actually said to be untrue, do it.

Otherwise I'd appreciate if you stopped making up things I never said at all then acting upset about them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.