Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make sure:

Do the new PLP Struts fit with the TEIN Flex suspension kit?

Or do the PLP's not fit with the EDFC installed?

People who said about this conflict said they put in JIC front struts, do the JIC's clear the stock engine cover?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
shuggy said:
I want to make sure:

Do the new PLP Struts fit with the TEIN Flex suspension kit?

Or do the PLP's not fit with the EDFC installed?

People who said about this conflict said they put in JIC front struts, do the JIC's clear the stock engine cover?
JIC will clear the EDFC and the engine cover, but it may rub the hood liner (but it wont vibrate or anything.. just burns a little bit of the liner off). This is based on personal experience.

Peter

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JIC will clear the EDFC and the engine cover, but it may rub the hood liner (but it wont vibrate or anything.. just burns a little bit of the liner off). This is based on personal experience.

Peter[/quote]

Burn the liner?!? Doesnt that eventually get to the hood...?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
shuggy said:

Peter
Burn the liner?!? Doesnt that eventually get to the hood...?[/quote]

no it wont get to the hood

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
IS300GTR said:
shuggy said:

Peter
Burn the liner?!? Doesnt that eventually get to the hood...?

it doesn't really "burn".. i think the correct term would be "melt". its not a big deal since it only melts a few millimeters of it at the most. its a lot better than the engine cover vibration deal.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
God damn stupid fitment issues :crazy:

What's better... I just go and get the full PLP struts

Or get TEINs and EDFC??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.