Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a front strut bar that will fit over the engine cover? I had a JIC, but when i installed it, it didnt fit comfortably over the cover. Thanks...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I want to order a strut bar, this is the same problem I am having. I was going to order the JIC but you said that it did not fit. Could someone let us know if the CUSCO does.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
nitrois300 said:
I want to order a strut bar, this is the same problem I am having. I was going to order the JIC but you said that it did not fit. Could someone let us know if the CUSCO does.
Yeah, I want to know also.

·
Registered
216 Posts
CUSCO doesnt fit with engine cover on and it doesnt really fit with it off either (it still rubs the hood liner and touches the center of manifold) i hear washers will fix the rubbing but i have yet to do it. http://photos.yahoo.com/nvsjlcivic
cant really see where it toches but my cusco sticker is wearing out from where it touches the hood liner and i have a piece of rubber where it touches the manifold

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
IS300_FIEND said:
nitrois300 said:
Yeah, I want to know also.
The Cusco does not fit, no matter what you do.... spacers or not, engine cover... or not.... no way around it, DOES NOT work- it looked pretty good though :-?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts

not the greatest pic but i'll try and take one later, it doesn't clear the cover but it does clear the srt intake

·
Registered
161 Posts
Spacers are extremely bad and end up hurting the performance of the strut bar. Also, JIC STB's are not as strong as the Cusco units. It's due to their construction and forming techniques.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
11 Participants
1NewLexIS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing