Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, before you dennounce me because of this, but I am looking to buy eBay strut bars, and yes it is for functionality. Pretty much talking to people everywhere not just on this forum, a piece of metal holding one side of the car to the other works just fine. I understand each bar will have its own tinsle limit or whatever you call it cause of the type of metal, but most of the self funded drifters in south florida use it cause it does help increase ridgity and decrease understeer and body roll, maybe not as effiecent as cusco or tanabe, but it does the job damn well for the money.

Anyways, on to my question. I found this strut bar set on eBay, but it specifys ONLY automatic transmissions. Is there something im missing here? I didnt think there was a difference nor do I believe there is. But perhaps I am missing something, i thought it may be cause of the clutch line and master cylinder but i after looking at it, I dont see it being in the way.

Any construsted thoughts would great be appriciated.

eBay Motors: 00-05 LEXUS IS300 AUTOMATIC FRONT REAR STRUT TOWER BAR (item 360033934622 end time Mar-23-08 21:24:01 PDT)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I think the seller is prob just an idiot and doesnt know what he's selling. Those bars should have no problem with clearance and the distance between strut towers does not change between man and auto. I just got a set of cusco bars from someone on the forum and I love them. It makes the car feel like the way it should have come from the factory. Very solid feel, noticeably less body roll, crisper turning and no sacrifice in ride quality. Love it

·
Registered
694 Posts
ehhh, i don't know. The free magnetic drian plug would have me sold....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts