Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Nygmatic
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering for those who have strutbars could you answer a couple questions? maybe we should include this as part of the sticky

What Strut Tower bar do you have (Front)?

Does it rub? (engine cover/hoodliner)?

thanks!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
i may be wrong, but i have read that only one type of strut bar is currently available...the jic one...

and i believe from what i have read is that it will rub the hoodliner and perhaps the engine cover...there was a whole thread for this...i suppose just look up 'strut bar' in the search function....

·
Registered
236 Posts
there was a whole thread on this... but heres my input anyway

i put my strut tower brace on last night (what a pain in the A$$)
i got the JIC from Pro Lex. And it basically rests on top of the engine cover (i'll remove the engine cover later) from the outside its quiet, but inside the car is this low pitch vibrating sound that drives me crazy, and gets worse when i accelarate.

And, two of the components that are anchored down on top of the struts dont fit in the original places anymore. i had to find other creative ways to screw them down, which in there new places i think rubs the hood liner (ill change that later as well).

But aside from all these little complaints, the bar kicks a$$, and has DEFINETLY improved handling, and i am VERY happy with it. Although in the original thread there were some people that said they didnt feel a difference. And someone who decided to fix the engine cover rubbing issue by placing washers under the bar where it screws down.(not recomended)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts

it's hard to tell in this pic but the bar does touch the engine cover, but barely, not sure about the hood liner, i don't think it touches or at least i can't tell if it does but i'm changing my hood soon anyways, oh and that's a cf jic strut bar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
BassMan097
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing