Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the tri-state know where I can get some strobes or whateva their called in my lights? Good quality, clean install and good price. I liked the way they look at the show.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
i think that it would be cool to replace the HIGH BEAM bulb ( DRLS) with some type of strobe bulbs that activates when u turn on the high beams...anyone know if something like this exists??????

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I doubt that's legal.
Most strobe kits you drill a small hole, and push in a strobe bulb with a rubber base to seal it.

wire it up and go...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ok here's the deal. I put strobes in about a month ago and here is how it goes.

I got myself the streetglow package:

You can find it HERE

I had been looking for them for quite a while and searched around. I went to tweeter's Boomers, Jo Dees and so on and they all said that they are not allowed to sell them anymore because they arent legal. I strolled into my local tweeter one day and behold, that kit was hanging on the rack. The guy came over and told me he needed to get rid of it ASAP and would sell it for 60bucks. I said sweet and bought it.

They refused to install it and to my knowledge, not many places will install them for you because they could be held liable. I installed them myself by stringing them through the city light sockets. It took about 3 hours to do and i made sure i did a nice clean job. All in all it is very simple to wire them up. The box tells you exactly how to wire it and with some minor knowledge, i was able to do it easily.

As for them being legal. The answer is NO. They arent even legal when you are parked and the car is off. I was told all of this by a firefighter i know who told me that any cop on a powertrip could bust my ass if he saw them. My advantage is that i can plea ignorance because tweeter (a well known store) sold them to me and didnt tell me they were illegal when i bought them. I saved the reciept and basically, if i ever get caught, i will fight it till the death. I have been to many shows since and have had many cops go by me when i had them on. They didnt do anything. It is taking a risk, but it looks damn cool.

If any of you guys are interested, i will take some pics and post up a wiring diagram or something.

Best of luck to all of you guys considering them.

Sam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
STKSKI
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing