Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a black IS w/ a single hand painted stripe that looked pretty darn good. Who like clean and who likes the stripe?

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
clean.

stipes are for people that are trying to look fast, **look** being the key word there.

Originally posted by Spoiler:
I saw a black IS w/ a single hand painted stripe that looked pretty darn good. Who like clean and who likes the stripe?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm talking about the thin, decorative type that runs from fender to trunk on both sides of the car that Lexus offers, not racing stripes.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
clean.

stipes are for people that are trying to look fast, **look** being the key word there.

Aw c'mon GTE, not all cars have to be flat colors, although I do agree to some extent...
You're just anti-rice

[ August 11, 2001: Message edited by: s0yb0mb ]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
thats called pin striping. although it isn't very prominent in later model cars, it might look good, depending on the color and style you choose. make sure to try and get it made from vinal if you decide, although there are probably better exterior enhancements that you spend money on. keep it low key and it will probably look fine. what are your plans?

Originally posted by Spoiler:
I'm talking about the thin, decorative type that runs from fender to trunk on both sides of the car that Lexus offers, not racing stripes.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
definitely, but who isn't?

what would you suggest? (that would still look clean and respectable)

Originally posted by s0yb0mb:
Aw c'mon GTE, not all cars have to be flat colors, although I do agree to some extent...
You're just anti-rice

[ August 11, 2001: Message edited by: s0yb0mb ]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stripes on a sedan just doesn't look right, IMO. For example, on a car like the Dodge Viper, I think it looks pretty cool, but on the Neon R/T it is ridiculous. Just my opinion, of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
broadwayboyz
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing