Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a lost for words right now

I really love the way the is300 looks. This is the car that i believe has the award for best looks for a sports sedan. Beamer looks really nice too....but i want to stick with Japanese. =)
The thing for me is that i dont like to hear all these negative comments about the car and they are TRUE! Like the paint chipping to the heat coming from below the dash...when i go and buy a car, especially a Lexus, i expect Luxury, Reliablility, Comfort, most importantly Satisfaction. I really doubt it that i will be satisfied with my paint chipping off my brand new 36K car! Please tell me this is just a DREAM! Help me decide on a car at this rate i will get a TL!!!!!! Well maybe not =)

·
Registered
446 Posts
I haven't noticed any of those things on my car. The console is warm not blazing hot.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Mike,
There's good and bad with the quick information exchanges going on on the net. It's almost like paralysis by analysis.

If we didn't have this forum you wouldn't have all of the negatives or all of the positives. On all of the other forums people are composing the same kind of lists on bimmers, RR, MB, etc.

Take the complaint list as an fyi - remember you have a 4 yr warranty if anything goes wrong.

A4 is everywhere AND bland IMO. Go with the new kid on the block!!!

------------------
cardinal

·
Registered
398 Posts
I recently spoke with an owner of the Toyota Cavalier (Chevy Cavalier of course, but Toyota sells them for GM 'cos the US Government threatened it will sell if it were badged and sold as Toyota... Well they're selling about 20 of them cars a month).

The negative list went on forever. The only positive side to this car was that he can go to any Toyota dealership located all over Japan to have his car fixed (like every other week).

If this was GM.net owners forum, I wonder how long the negative list is going to be...

·
Registered
654 Posts
You gotta expect some problems out of every few thousand of course, but as far as I have seen, my IS has performed admirably for all its 1800 miles. It's just like with BMW... a lot of people have had tons and tons of problems with it while others have had a hassle free ownership... sometimes you get lucky, other times you use the warranty!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts