Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are people doing about there heads??? I read that most are just porting and polishing...What about a Titan built stage 2 head? TMS 2jz-gte Toyota Supra MKIV (MK4) Engine Head Stage 2: <B>Street/Race </B>
Why is nobody running somthing like this mated with the SRT intake mani? What is all needed for this to be on my car? Also anyone know about this Virtual Works Intake Manifold, it is for a 2jzge NA-T...all these parts are confusing can I run gte parts since I have a gte shortblock? Virtual Works NA-T Manifold (2JZGE)
thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
What are people doing about there heads??? I read that most are just porting and polishing...What about a Titan built stage 2 head? TMS 2jz-gte Toyota Supra MKIV (MK4) Engine Head Stage 2: <B>Street/Race </B>
Why is nobody running somthing like this mated with the SRT intake mani? What is all needed for this to be on my car?
Honestly built heads are only great if your shooting for big power (over 800rwhp) otherwise money could be well spent in other area's..You might gain 20rwhp with that head, and with the power your making listed in your sig I'm guessing you have a pte67 or similar turbo which stops making power between 7k-7.5k which you can rev that high on stock stuff...

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am running a GT35R so it prolly stops making power around the same as ^^^...I was just wondering if this is a basic bolt it on and tune thing or what? I am really looking for a new intake mani and thought about doing somthing with the heads for a future build, these are good for a built and stock block! I just want a gte style intake, somthing more shiny then the stock!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I am running a GT35R so it prolly stops making power around the same as ^^^...I was just wondering if this is a basic bolt it on and tune thing or what? I am really looking for a new intake mani and thought about doing somthing with the heads for a future build, these are good for a built and stock block! I just want a gte style intake, something more shiny then the stock!
Yea GT35R 61mm turbo is done around 600rwhp/7000rpm on the 2jz, stock head is just fine :) , get the intake manifold which will clean the engine bay up a ton, and you will use a shorter IC pipe away from the hotside of the motor.. If you don't already have cams you may consider getting a set of HKS 264's... I can think of 10 different ways to spend $4k other then the head..

·
Rollin Boosted
2,801 Posts
Who says I am not about to start running something like this??? -B

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Why is nobody running somthing like this mated with the SRT intake mani? What is all needed for this to be on my car? Also anyone know about this Virtual Works Intake Manifold, it is for a 2jzge NA-T...all these parts are confusing can I run gte parts since I have a gte shortblock? Virtual Works NA-T Manifold (2JZGE)
thanks for any help!
The GE and GTE heads are very different. The port spacing is not the same so you can not use Intake or exhaust Mani's from a GTE. If you're hard up for a GTE style intake, SRT makes a really nice one that is proven to make HP and is a lot cheaper than the V-works, or Titan of which neither makes one for the GE head.

I having a shop port and polish my GE head with 2mm oversize vales. When it's ready, I'll do some baseline numbers and then I'll install the head and see what it makes over stock. What I'm after is more HP at lower boost. I'll keep the board posted on what I find out.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
thanks for any help!
if you want to change your entire setup, go ahead and run a Titan head. Like htekwo said, the GE head and the GTE head are different. If you want to run a Titan street/race head, you will have to switch your exhaust manifold and intake manifolds. I think that's the reason why not too many people with an IS are running this. They are either happy with their GTE swap, or have a custom GE head built. You could call Titan and see if they would/could do something with your GE head.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
whats done to the hea don the car now? springs/retainers? i am trying to remember what that car had done to it...

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^the heads are stock now, just looking to upgrade a bit...So whats the deal Mike, are you keeping the beast or not? Thanks for the pm by the way!

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
yes, keeping it. BDR put me back on check, as did a few other LC members.

why not just upgrade springs/retainers, port/polish, and take the RPMs up a bit?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts