Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
@blkdout I wonder if you could have just heated it up so the paint didn't crack and stuck a crowbar or something inside the pipe and bent it a bit more instead of cutting it?
If it were a slight bend, I would have been able to pull that off. However, it would have taken about 1.5" to get the bumper mounted without the side markers. Another 1.5" to clear them. So bending the pipe 3" per side is what I estimated. Far too much without a bender.

If you study the first pic you can see the ends are practically flush with the outside of the tires. Maybe even a bit wider.
Also, check out how close the left side is to the washer tank. I'm thinking the bar won't fit between the tank and marker but could be wrong. Will update...

In any case, I decided to cut the ends because it was quick and works just the same. All I needed was intercooler clearance and that's what I have now. I regret nothing! :lol:

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Welp, I don't need to measure this to know there's no clearance for the bar. So, taking the washer tank into account I would have had to heat the bar, bend it in 3" and about 2" down.

I don't care at all that I had to cut it. There's no need for it to be that long anyway. I hold zero grudge or even accountability to Street Faction. Things happen. Aftermarket is aftermarket. If anything, I praise them for building the brackets, bending and welding the pipe on.... Might I say, they have a very skilled TIG welder!

·
Registered
671 Posts
@blkdout You're So positive..

I would have communicated under the table to them with their mistakes and gone either way, credit back at least half with positive promotion here on the forums and other social media or negitive feedback and they wouldn't ever get another sale... Your words carry weight with your followers...

Overall I'm glad your happy, that's all that matters. Great job thinking on your feet, you have a beautiful car

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just got my bash bar in yesterday. Went to put it on today and it doesn't line up. My stock crash bar bolts up just fine. Reached out to street faction. Waiting for a response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Just got my bash bar in yesterday. Went to put it on today and it doesn't line up. My stock crash bar bolts up just fine. Reached out to street faction. Waiting for a response
Do you have pics of what isn't lining up?

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Update

Street Faction got back to me last night and said the bars were designed for the JDM bumper!
I'm sure they are going to take care of everyone who got one. They also offered me a partial refund due to me modifying a finished product.
Sounds like they are going to revise the design for the USDM bumper!

sulaman58, it looks like your mounts are tweaked. Was it ever in an accident?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Street Faction got back to me last night and said the bars were designed for the JDM bumper!
I'm sure they are going to take care of everyone who got one. They also offered me a partial refund due to me modifying a finished product.
Sounds like they are going to revise the design for the USDM bumper!

sulaman58, it looks like your mounts are tweaked. Was it ever in an accident?

Yah they got back to me right away too. They honestly have really good service. I hope it allows my bumper to sit flush with the fender when it's on.

And yah. I was hit on that side at a low speed but it must have slightly misaligned it. I'm going to try and take that mount off and realign it. It's off by just a few mm

·
Cherisher
4,800 Posts
Yah they got back to me right away too. They honestly have really good service. I hope it allows my bumper to sit flush with the fender when it's on.

And yah. I was hit on that side at a low speed but it must have slightly misaligned it. I'm going to try and take that mount off and realign it. It's off by just a few mm

Yeah, they're good people. A simple mistake was made. No reason to bash them for it.

I knew there had to be something else wrong if the bolts didn't line up :lol: Thanks for sharing the pics. Hopefully you can get it straightened out enough!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts