Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a strange problem when I'm braking. I was hoping someone here could help me out. I've had 2 mechanics look at it and they don't know whats wrong. :(

After taking a semi sharp turn, the brake pedal has to be pushed down a lot further than normal for the car to brake. This is when I have already straightened the car out after the turn .....without braking within the turn. After that initial pedal push, the feel resets back to normal. Upon taking another sharp turn, the same problem happens again and cycles the same way. :suspiciou

Checked rotors and they are fine.
Had Brake Flush and Fill and still the same problem persists.
Had Mechanic check brakes and says he can't find the problem.

I have the Rotora Front Caliper BBK Kit, with all 4 Front and Rear slotted rotors and 4 SS Lines.

If anyone can please help, I'd be much obliged...:confused:

Thanks again! :bigSmile:
Hiral

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump please....

·
Registered
646 Posts
It sounds like there is a problem in your Brake Booster, maybe having air get in there or the seals aren't good anymore. Also keep in mind since you have a BBK it is possible your Master Cylinder isn't able to keep enough pressure due to the increase in size of the calipers. Just my .02 cents.

-Joe

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean that I have to push the pedal down further for the car to start braking....

·
Premium Member
23,141 Posts
I'm almost wondering if its just a lot of vacuum building up in the booster. Define tight corner? Like u turn in a parking lot or right hander at an intersection?

I notice if I let off throttle (especially while still in gear pulling 3-4k rpms) and coast like that for a couple seconds before pressing the brake it feels VERY soft and like I have to push down farther. Always attributed it to vacuum. You can even feel it happening if you hold ever so slightly on the brake pedal while doing that, all the sudden your foot drops ever so slightly and the pedal softens up.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Tom that sounds exactly how mine feels. Sharp turn I mean taking a quicker than normal turn on say an intersection. Maybe 10-15 mph on a 90 degree turn? More like 10..... Anyway to remedy that problem??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.