Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experience a sore knee on their right leg after an extended driving time in thier IS? The seats are fine but for some reason, due to the location/angle of the pedal, my knee gets sore after a couple of hours.

I played with all the seat adjustments but nothing seems to work. It's not even that the seats are low as I have driven Civics with out the same pain.

I was thinking of buying aftermarket peadls and wedging spacers in to see if it feels better. Anyone have ideas or suggestions?

I am 5' 11".

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
I get that too. I have to keep my knee bent. Even gives me trouble driving on cruise control.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cruise helps, but when you are sitting in LA traffic for two hours...... by the time I get to the destination, my knee throbs slightly for some time.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cruise helps, but when you are sitting in LA traffic for two hours...... by the time I get to the destination, my knee throbs slightly for some time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't know if this will help, but I used to have a similar problem on long rides. After trying all kinds of seat adjustments with no luck, oddly enough it seemed to be that my right foot would tend to lean (or point) far to the right when driving. It just kind of went into that position naturally, and on short trips I thought nothing of it. However, on longer rides, my right knee and leg would start to get REALLY uncomfortable, to the point that I would stop just to walk around. And I'm one of those guys that doesn't like to stop on a trip unless the motor's blown and the car's on fire. Anyway, on long rides I now try and make sure my foot is pointed more directly up, and not leaning to the right. It sounds stupid, but that did the trick for me.

I hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I have been trying to do. It's strange that so far, this only has occured on an IS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
w0w! I`m not the only one! I really just thought I was retarded. It bothers me too, I travel to San Diego from L.A. often and that is always a concern. I really don`t think there`s a fix for it though :-?

·
Registered
32 Posts
hmmm..........no problems with any joints or any such thing here.
i think the IS seats ride rather high. I feel like i'm sitting high when i drive.....i would actually prefer to be a bit lower. i put all the controls all the way to the lowest setting and have the seat as far back from the pedals as I can. i lower the steering wheel so i can keep my hands on my lap and just use the bottom of the wheel to steer 95% of the time.
I'm pretty short too.........only 5-9.....but thats the most comfortable position to drive IMO anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts