Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Periodically when I start my IS350 I get this weird buzzing sound the lasts about two seconds. Im pretty sure its coming from the engine. Its not related to cold weather since I live in Florida, and of course it probably wont happen when I take it to the dealer.

any Ideas Thanks.

07 IS350 31K

·
Registered
44 Posts
Periodically when I start my IS350 I get this weird buzzing sound the lasts about two seconds. Im pretty sure its coming from the engine. Its not related to cold weather since I live in Florida, and of course it probably wont happen when I take it to the dealer.

any Ideas Thanks.

07 IS350 31K
i've got a 2007 is350 (23K) too and definitely hear some kind of a rumbling that last just a second or so when i start the car up...i'm curious too...

·
Registered
785 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, here is the TSB LexusTSB.com - Free Lexus FAQ, TSB, TSIB, Repair, and More! :: TSIB EG019-07 ('06 - '07 IS350): Brief Engine Knock & Rattle Noise At Cold Startup

problem is, it says 2006 - 2007 and I have this problem with a 2008.

Anyone know if there is an updated TSIB? I can't seem to find it but would like to have it in my hand when I go to the dealership.
i'm taking mine in for an oil change and will report back! i'm also debating to pose the "brake dust TSB", but just washed the car...not sure if want to see the black dust covered front wheel first..?

·
Registered
44 Posts
i took mine in last week for an oil chg and asked them to check it out, "grinding sound that last about a second after starting"...they said they would have the tech listen for it and let me know... well, i got a call around noon and they said it was ready to be picked up..."didn't notice any sound"...

they said I could leave it over night and they could try the car at cold startup...i'm thinking about what to do now..

one thing is that i'm hearing the sound mid-day so it's not just an early morning cold start up...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys,
After several trips to the dealer to try to find the noise and them not noticing it, the sound came more frequently on my 2007 IS350. The noise always came after the engine was heated up, turned off and started again while the engine was still hot/warm.

When they were finally able to hear they noise, they worked on the car for about 2 days. When I asked them what it was, they said it was the cam gears lightly rubbing. They said they had new ones designed and were changing it out for some customers who "didn't like the noise". This was all covered by the warranty.

Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.