Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyways yesterday, as i was driving on route 128 (Massachusetts). I got pulled over, again for my exhaust and for my front plate display. But luckily this time i didnt get a ticket. Although he did threaten me, if he sees my car around wit the exhaust again, he will rip my car apart personally and write me up for every single thing. Now, i took that as a threat, especially with his tone of voice, and seems like he had some type of prejudice against us, car enthausiat. Do you guys think i should file a compliant? And then he goes on what is the point of the exhaust, to wake up your whole neighborhood. I have the HKS carbon-ti, which i personally do not think is close to being loud at all. Harley's run way over the decibals that our exhaust run. I am gettin sick of cop's harrasment, i might put it into a sleeper and jus tune the hell out of the engine. Also from what i've heard and research, when he told me that he will write me up for everything. I found out that he can literally write me up for every aftermarket product i have on the car, such as bodykit, etc. etc.

Here is the funny parts he threaten to write me up for not havin a windshield washer fluid squirter.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I don't know about the part "he can literally write you up for every aftermarket product".

i find that hard to believe.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well

bugginout- according to an attorney, that i have spoke with, who deals only traffic laws, this is the fact.

oneeyejack- yea i know that, but he couldnt even hear the exhaust. number 1. we were on the highway.
number 2. when he got out of the car, i shut off my car
i guess supposedly the exhaust is illegal, and so is many other things on my car. Atleast for the assholes who hate cars.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
holy crap, if the exhaust is illegal and you know its illegal and you get pulled over for it then don't come here and bitch about it.

You gotta pay to play!!

Mike

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
irv_usc said:
the truth is that most cops are american car enthusiasts.. take that how you will.
good point..but as I was driving this afternoon, saw a COP in full blue uniform, badge, and cap, driving a late 80's model MBenz 2 door convertable coupe.....looks very well kept too....

:roll:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
If we would get a ticket for every aftermarket accessories, we'll be in serious debt.

Now is that the state law that u live in or in general for the whole country?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
BugginOuT said:
If we would get a ticket for every aftermarket accessories, we'll be in serious debt.

Now is that the state law that u live in or in general for the whole country?
they can mark you up for anything thats NOT street legal and DOT approved...

clear side marker's, tints, colord turn signal's, abnormally loud exhaust...the obvious ones....

they cant mark you up for having a carbon fiber dashboard...

but I did read in the latest sport compact mag that there are stage regs as far as ride height is concerned as well.....

so basically, if a cop is gonna go buy the book, most of us would be screwed! :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dude

ZID IS300 said:
holy crap, if the exhaust is illegal and you know its illegal and you get pulled over for it then don't come here and bitch about it.

You gotta pay to play!!

Mike
dude noone is bitching, stupid focker. Im jus letting everyone know, what the deal was.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts