Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a problem putting on my front SS brake lines.

On the fronts when I put them on, they rub the strut when the wheel is turned all the way one way, so I turned them where they mount to the caliper clockwise a bit so it won't rub. Then when I turn the wheel fully the other way, the brake line straightens out too tight and essentially kinks the line - kinda like how a garden hose would kink.

So one way, the StopTech brake line is too long (and rubs) and when I adjust for the that it becomes too short (and kinks). I couldn't find a happy medium.

This should be a straight forward install.
Anyone have any insights? What am I missing here?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Hmm... the brake lines should fit just like the stock ones did. Infact the StopTech lines are known for their great fitment. Did you bend the lines in the same way the stock ones were twisted?

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Maybe got the front and rears mixed up?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I first attempted this a couple weeks ago I realized the packaging didn't say front or rear, so I had to go online and look up the product codes. I double and triple checked that I had the front and rear marked properly.

Crester, you have these lines...tell me more about bending them the way the stock ones are twisted?

There has to be something obvious I'm missing.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Well basically the new lines should be exactly the way the OEM ones were. The OEM lines were installed so that the line formed an "S" shape. The Stoptech lines should be installed in the same manner.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do yours touch your strut when your wheel is turned all the way to one side or the other?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I sadly can't remember off the top of my head. But I don't think it interfered with anything. The mechanic who installed them for me said they were perfect fitment... exactly like OEM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts