Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed my Stoptechs and for some odd reason they squeal really bad. :-( It doesn't start squealing till the very end of my stop...anyone know why this is? It's driving me fuckin' crazy, I never had this problem with my stock brakes. :-?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Proper breakin is very crucial to the overal performance and longevity of the rotors, I cannot stress this point enough. Also you must remove the rust inhibitor from the rotors before installation. Please remember some noise will occur now and then, but the way you describe the sound you might double check the installation.
Mike

AZTEZZA said:
I recently installed my Stoptechs and for some odd reason they squeal really bad. :-( It doesn't start squealing till the very end of my stop...anyone know why this is? It's driving me fuckin' crazy, I never had this problem with my stock brakes. :-?

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you recommend for 'proper' braking Mike? I must admit, it doesn't squeal all the time, and usually just from like 10mph-0mph, if it does squeal at all. Any other proper tips for braking these bad boys would be greatly appreciated Mike.

-S-

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I don't mean to be rude, but did you read the instructions? You need to wash off the rust inhibitor with soap and water. Then you need to do many runs and stops to break in the rotors and pads ex: 10 60-10mph stops, 5 80-10mph stops 4 100-10mph stops(this is just and example, read the instructions). To get rid of the squeeking when braking buy the Deluxe pads from StopTech. Call and ask for Matt. The pads cost about $50, I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
guru22
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing