1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
damn krazy california drivers :shame:

·
Not Officially Back
12,742 Posts
Dang, fell asleep at the wheel? That's all his fault... if you're so tired you can barely stay asleep, pull the hell over. :shame:

Or perhaps it wasn't sleep that got him... he was leaving a party. :-?

Either way, glad he's ok and hope he learns a lesson from this.

·
Registered
115 Posts
lol, on top of that, he was within his first 6 months of his license so your not allowed to drive after 12am till 5am. license is suspended last i heard.

feel sorry for ya james D:

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
where was this at, what city?

also hahhaha where is his headrests ?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Damn license suspended till 18 now, if an accident is your fault DMV can and will revoke your driving privileges till 18, which will happen since he was driving after 12:00 AM. Remember under 18, it's not a right to be able to drive it's a privilege, so DMV can take it away if they feel like it and you can't do anything about it.

Insurance rate is gonna be hell when he finally gets to drive again at 18.
Parents are gonna get sued and will lose hands down! (Po Po can sue for having them going out there, PG&E will sue for the pole and their repairs, neighbors I doubt will win cuz he didn't damage anything except for the bushes so all parents have to do is pay for their landscape)

Did he goto the hospital? If he was taken to a hospital did they take blood samples, better pray he didn't drink cuz he's gonna be in a world of pain if that's the case. His life just went from heaven to absolute HELL. Plus his parents are probably gonna beat the living sh!t out of him too!

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
NM i kno those cop cars

San Jose

·
Registered
145 Posts
dang...looks like he went to deanza college too huh?

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Best of luck from me to your friend man. I hope everyhting works out for him.

Karim

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow.. the news sure spread fast in this area.. I don't even know who flightz71 is..

Kev IS300: It was a telephone pole which I broke in half. Half flew forward about 100 feet and the other half was still hanging on the tree/wires.

DL: You are amazingly accurate. :-? My license is suspended. My insurance rates are through the roof now. We are getting sued by PG&E, don't know about the neighbors yet. And yes I took a breathalizer and he knew I was drinking but chose not to cite me for it. I don't know why, probably because he felt sorry for me. I used to think all poes were assholes who should die but this has definitely changed my attitude. A DUI would have been.. sigh. I wasn't even drunk at the time, just tired. I wasn't stupid enough to drive home before I sobered up enough to feel I was able.

is300soon & TeKNiC330: Where do you guys live? Heh.. and no, I'm only a senior in high school, the parking sticker is for my summer course at Foothill. I'm probably one of the youngest IS300 owners on this forum.. or was. :-?

Karim: Thanks.

Here's what happened basically, for anyone who cares. This will be my last post in a while, or ever.. so might as well make it detailed.

It was about 4:30AM, I dropped a friend off at home and after coming home from a party. The obvious thinking here is that I should be thankful I dropped him off first, but it was also part of the cause because during the drive back, I didn't feel sleepy at all since I had someone to talk with. Once he was gone, I was left in silence and darkness as I tried to keep awake but couldn't. However, I am in NO aspect blaming this on him. Anyway, I was going down the road at about 40MPH and the next thing I know.. I wake up with the airbag in my face and smoke everywhere. Then a few of my friends showed up to stay with me as the police took report and we waited for AAA to come tow my vehicle. It's pretty amazing that I did not feel or hear the collision at all. Must show how tired I really was...

Call me an idiot, stupid, whatever, I deserve it.. However, there is one thing that I don't feel is right. They charged me for speeding even though I highly doubt anyone saw me when I first hit.

Glad I didn't order/put on those aftermarket parts just yet. :-?

The cops, my friends, family, everyone tells me how lucky I am that I'm still alive because I was just a few feet away from hitting a tree or a metal pole, which would probably have killed me. Yet, I came out without a scratch.

Anyway, I know I don't post much here but thanks for anyone that answered my "newbie" questions. I've learned a lot just reading posts. Great forum. Drive safe, see you all later(hopefully).

·
8,880 Posts
No need to kick the guy while he's down.
HE IS LUCKY HIS PARENTS GOT HIM AN IS300.

How many of you didn't drive in the middle of the night? If you did, then you'll know how it is. If you did not, than you should get a life and get out more.

Has it been a different car, keep in mind the IS factor did not play a role in getting into an accident, the guy may have been injured. With the IS he just woke up on an air bag without a scratch.

Personally, I don't think he was stupid, but rather fortunate.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts