Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt help to notice a is300 with no interior(cleaned out) at a salvage recovered theft lot. no tail lights so dont be surprised if you see a honda accord with escaine interior and altezza original lights.
This means the auto thieves have figured out a way to steal your IS so be careful that engine imobilizer stuff aint workin like it should. It's like a domino effect I saw this happen when the 95-98 accords when they first came out in 95 then they managed to make it to the top of the most stolen auto list. I would hate to see IS's start disappearing like golf gti's did back in the early 90's at least where I live.

·
8,880 Posts
Someone really wanted to switch to 2002 model.

Kidding.

P.S. The factory alarm in relatively easy to disable. The immobilizer is more complicated.

·
Registered
150 Posts
These guys in Queens knew some one at Mercedes and was able to get keys with some kind of coding and were take the S-Class Benzes out there. They ended up finding the a few of the cars in the Bronx, due to one guy had a Lojak.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Originally posted by ISLover:
These guys in Queens knew some one at Mercedes and was able to get keys with some kind of coding and were take the S-Class Benzes out there. They ended up finding the a few of the cars in the Bronx, due to one guy had a Lojak.
Gone in 60 seconds???!!!!

------------------
K.P. :)

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
Have you guys heard of the Autolock? Basically it's a "Club" that attaches to the arm for the brake pedal. You can't cut it off because of the position that it's in once it's on (well you probably could but it would be a pain in the a$$). I got one for my 4Runner and it works pretty good. Better than the Club anyway. Plus it doesnt leave marks on your steering wheel. I bought it for $60 on T.V.

I realize that if a professional thief wants a car bad enough, he'll find a way to take it, but if there's an easier target around, he'll go for it instead.

------------------
MAD
2000 4Runner Highlander 4x4 Millenium Silver
Injen Intake and TRD Badges which don't really help performance at all but sure look purty!
1995 Honda Civic CX Sapphire Blue
1.5L with no mods whatsoever
16" Konig Tuner Wheels (the wife liked them and hey, it's her car!)
0-60 in (takes a real long time) 10 sec?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts