Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the source mall in LI this past Thursday to watch the NY Jet game, and I met a buddy of mine there...he has a 2002 Maxima, and he parked right next to me...we get out of the game and his f#cking door handle is pried open, windows are down, and his headlights are gone!!! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

So he called 911 and the woman kinda laughed and was like wow, third one tonight...

ive heard that there is a fault in the maximas where they headlights wont trip the alarm, and that they are real easy to steal...

I had backed my car into the spot, so my front end was facing the parking lot...might have saves my @ss from the same thing...

Do we have to worry about something like this? I dont want to have to worry about my insurance going up because some idiot took my 3000 headlights...

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Luckily you must remove the whole bumper which does not take 3 seconds and then pry ours out....PLus they prolly saw it was a lexus and thought of a good alarm system....even tho it SUX...woopps was i suppose to say that :lol: I wouldnt worry bout it...
-Matt

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
if they can do it without popping the hood, then I would guess that its possible to steal the headlights without setting off the alarm.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well im thinking thats why they broke into his car...not a thnig was taken from the inside....looks like they popped the hood and took them from him...

·
Registered
770 Posts
Actually...I ain't friends with these people but i no of them and are just cool with them...but i know for sure Maxiums and Acrua 3.2 tl's and cl's are the most stolen headlights..for the HID's..and also..audi's headlights are right be hind them...and beleive it or not..our Headlights can be taken out..i don't no the whole story ..but this kid had a few Is300's Hid's also

they take them and sell the Hid's for about 180..to 250....and they make money off it...

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
AsianSensation334 said:
saiyanzzrage said:
imagine walking out to your car and seeing this happen?? I seriously think id flip out... :pissed: :pissed:
be pretty pissed about it also if someone taken my headlights! :bitching:

-ringo
You can always look at it as a blessing in disguise if you were looking to pick up aftermarket or darker headlights.

·
Registered
354 Posts
now imagine ya and ya friends are comin out to the car and you see some mofo tryin to steal ya headlights, that would be a pretty night for that mister. :chill:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
If you have ever taken off our headlights you will discover that it is a bitch to do even when you got lots of time, equipment, and space. I highly doubt that it would be probable for someone to steal our headlights. But hey, anything is possible and if it bothers you that much get a good alarm and that should solve the problem and help you to sleep better at night.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
2002Maximas, CLs and TLs with HIDs, are cheaply made. The bumper and headlight is held with 2 focking screws. They pry the bumper down and pop out the headlights with a crow bar. It takes 2 minutes the most. It is a HUGE problem in the NE for these cars.

Another cheap, cost cutting method from the competitors and why owning a Lexus means QUALITY and ENGINEERS that think of good shit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts