Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new here. i have a ? i want to keep the stock 215/45/17 bridgestone tires but i want new wheels. what are the stock specs on the 17" that came on a 2002 e-shift (dunno if that makes a diff). what should i get in the new size of the rims 17X 7 17X8? whats the offset #? thanks

2002 IS300 GGP E-Shift
Carbon Fiber eyebrows
Carbon Fiber Tailight covers
JDM short antenna
JDM non smokers box
Crystal front and rear bumper lights w/ police blue LEDS
JDM clear trunk lights

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I believe the stock offset is +48, and or stock rim specs are 17x7, it wont look that great if you try and stretch a 215/45 tire onto a 8'' wide rim, it would be to much of a risk. Stay with 17x7. If you don't mind me asking why would you waste money on a new set of 17's... Keep stockers, save up and upgrade to 18's or 19's... GL

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help. i really wanted to save the money by just buying new rims for like $500. i had a set of 18" konig holes w/ toyo tires on my nissan sentra and the roads in jersey arent that great. i had road rash all over the rims. plus the potholes are horrible, i blew 3 tires over the course of last winter. this just seemed more cost effective.

thanks tho for all the help.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
SoCAlISLex said:
I believe the stock offset is +48, and or stock rim specs are 17x7, it wont look that great if you try and stretch a 215/45 tire onto a 8'' wide rim, it would be to much of a risk. Stay with 17x7. If you don't mind me asking why would you waste money on a new set of 17's... Keep stockers, save up and upgrade to 18's or 19's... GL

Stock is a +50 (stamped on the wheel)

:cool:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you guys know of some nice but semi cheap rims that i can get? i want something grey or black to match my car. i seen alot of "ggp let me see ur rims" posts but i dont want 19" i want 17". MB motorsports makes a nice wheel for $127 each. thats around my budget for now. i've tried www.tires.com.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts